Chest Xray with Silicone Breast Impants

Hello, I have mentor silicone implants put 3 mpnths ago. Now I have to take a chest xray for a visa where they need to see my lungs for TB and my heart. Are these visible with my implants? I have an xray taken before my surgery but as soon as I arrive at the foreign country they will need to take one more so I cannot conceale the fact that I've had a breast augmentation. Looking forard for your answers.

X-rays and implants

+1

Health first.  The implants will be visible on x-ray and can not be avoided.  Get a thorough exam this is more important.

Silicone breast implants are noticable on chest w-ray

+1

Both silicone and saline breast implants can be seen on a chest x-ray.  This should not, however, conceal sings of TB or affect any health screening.

Best of luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Implants Will Be Visible On Chest X-ray

+1

Both silicone and saline implants are visible on all chest x-rays.  The implants will obscure some of the chest cavity on the anterior view, but with a lateral view (which is standard in chest x-rays) the radiologist should be able to get a good view of your heart and rule out TB.

John Whitt, MD

Chest X-Ray with Breast Implants

+1

Your implants will be visible on a chest x-ray but should not affect the results. There is no way to hide the implants when having x-rays.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Chest X-Ray?

+1

Yes, your breast implants will likely be visible on chest x-ray;  this finding is not going to make the national  newspaper headlines... 

Breast implants are visible on chest X-ray.

+1

Millions of women have implants and also have X-rays of their chests, so this is noting new to medical professionals, who should be the only individuals looking at your films. You cannot conceal the fact that you have breast implants when a chest X-ray is taken, so don't worry about this. Go ahead and get the necessary things done so you can travel, and realize that this is no big deal to those who will be examining your films.

Relax and have safe travels.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon