Use of Chemical Peel or Laser Skin Resurfacing for Razor Bump Scars on Legs? (photo)

I have what is appears as razor bump scars on legs that over the years have gotten worst. I have stopped the use of the razor, but wanted to know what can be done to remove the scars. The scars are not raised, but flat, and look like brown spots, but they have appeared only after the use of razor when I was shaving legs. Thank you for your help.

Peels + Bleaching Cream

+1

I would recommend a series of chemical peels and using a prescription bleaching cream, such as Solaquin Forte 4%.  While glycolic peels are safe and will improve the skin condition, you may want to choose a peel that specifically targets pigment.  We use the Smoothing Body Peel from PCA Skin.  In addition to alpha hydroxy acids (45% Lactic and a Malic Acid Prepping Solution), it also contains 10% beta hydroxy acid, 10% TCA and the melanin inhibitors, Kojic Acid and Arbutin.  We have had tremendous results with this combination.   

Correcting Razor Bump Scars

+1

I would suggest a series of chemical peels to remove the outer layers of damaged skin and promote new skin healing to eliminate your scar appearance. A glycolic acid chemical peel will allow for your skin to take on a more even tone and texture after each treatment session. Several sessions may be required, depending on the severity of your shaving scars.

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/resurfacing_peels.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon