Breakouts Normal After Chemical Peel?

Is an breaking out normal after a Chemical peel? If so, how long will it take to heel completely? Or should I stop the treatment altogether and resort to a more natural approach to dealing with my pimples?

"Breakouts" after a chemical peel

"Breakouts" can happen after a chemical peel. The skin is adjusting to the changes and so "breakouts" may occur. Have your doctor keep a close eye on your skin to prevent any further problems.

May need to be rechecked by your physician to treat areas of breakout

It is not uncommon, especially if you have oily skin, to develop small pimples or milia following a chemical peel. A return to your physician is in order. Usually these areas can be gently unroofed. You may need to use a different ointment on your face as well. When you clean your face use a non-detergent based soap.