Going on a Vacation After Peeling from Chemical Peel?

Do you think it's okay for me to go on my vacation to Miami? I had a Chemical peel and you were right; the spots peeled off and they were pink under, but the color came back in days, my face is clearer but I still have blemishes, but now am wondering about my trip because it wil be hot in Miami and I will be under the sun for most of the time. I read about the hyperpigmentation, and I dont want that. Or am I safely away from that stage by now?

+1

No, this is not a good idea as the sun can affect healing with darkening and hyperpigmentation. Protect your face as much as possible from the sun and use a fading cream while healing.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Topical maintenance after chemical peel with Melarase cream

+1

Sun exposure, with or without a chemical peel, especially in humid tropical climates can exacerbate hyperpigmentation.  I would recommend a daily maintenance with Melarase AM cream.

Chemical peel and sun avoidance

+1

Even if your skin appears to have returned to normal, you must protect your skin from the sun, especially between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm.  You will develop brown pigmentation after sun exposure on fresh skin, so be very careful.  If you do develop brown spots, visit your dermatologist who can recommend a fading cream.

Toronto Dermatologist

Post-peel skincare

+1

If your skin has fully healed from the peel, you are less prone to sun-related post-peeling problems. I would still advise you to bring plenty of sun block with you for sun protection. If you are going to be in the water, re-apply the sunscreen/block every 90 minutes. Neutrogena incidentally recently came out with a "Sport" sunscreen that is touted to stay on longer with sweating and exposure to water. A wide-brimmed hat would also be helpful.

Have a wonderful trip.

San Diego Dermatologist