How Many Cc's Do I Need to Go from 32B to Full 32DD? (5'4", 112 Lbs, Some Sag from Breastfeeding)

Thank you for reading my post. I am a 37 year old mother who has breastfed. Im having a hard time deciding on cc's. My Dr. says that I definitely do NOT need a lift. However, I have weighed 180 lbs and after breastfeeding for a year, I have some skin to fill. I am a sagging 32B and want to be a full 32DD. My Dr. is suggesting 550-600cc. I'd like to look like Kim Kardashian but not Heidi Montage. Also, my Dr. says my chest area is "small." Is 550cc right for going from a saggy 32B to a 32DD?

How many cc's do I need to go from 32b to full 32 DD?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Hello

+1

In our practice we tell our patients that 225cc equal about one cup size. If your B cup and you want to be D cup you’re looking in the right range.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS