What Causes Acne After Septoplasty?

I had septoplasty/turbinectomy about 4 months ago. No other surgeries involved. About a week after surgery I started breaking out- all over my entire face. Prior to surgery, I had hormonal breakouts but nothing severe. Now, The breakouts are constant, and hard to get rid of. The pores on my nose are extremely large and I have tons of blackheads. I've tried everything under the sun to control this to no avail. What could have caused this?

Acne after rhinoplasty or septoplasty? May be from a few causes

+1

There are a number of reasons why you might get acne breakouts after septorhinoplasty or even septoplasty alone. Following rhinoplasty the nose is under tape for a week, followed by little to no cleansing of the skin. That alone can wreak havoc on acne prone skin.

Other potential causes for acne breakouts may be

• harsh soaps used to prep the face for surgery
  • poor or no face washing for weeks following surgery, afraid to touch your face
  • antibiotics given can change the body's "flora" of naturally present bacteria and allow "bad' bacteria to overgrow
  • skin undermining and manipulation of the skin can alter the environment

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_teenage_rhinoplasty.html