Catio Lifting - Risks and Side Effects?

I am 27 years old and unfortunately my skin has gotten much drier than 2 years ago. I got a bit of folds near my mouth and nose and have less elasticity on my face and less firmer cheeks. Muscles on my face are a bit flabby and I feel some laxity on my face skin. I want to have firm skin again. I consider doing Catio Lifting. Does it have any side effects on the skin at my age? Is there any risk that the muscles on my face will experience more laxity a while after the Catio Lifting?   thanks in advance  Video about catio lifting:

Facial Rejuvenation at 27

At your age I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss skin care.  There are some proven ways of non-invasive facial tightening, such as Ultherapy, but the facial spa treatment that you are asking about is not something that I would expect to give you a significant improvement.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

1722 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

27 years of age and Improvement in Skin Tightness

At 27 years of age, I would recommend a good skin care program and an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to assess your needs and anatomy.  I know of no studies on this Catio lift.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Never heard of Catio lifting.

About the only thing that is going to get lifted with this is your wallet! These things have around in various forms for years and in my opinion do not lift.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

This is a waste of your money!

Unless you believe that facial exercises can improve your skin or muscle tone, this is nothing more than electrical muscle stimulation combined with creams and mositurizers. Cosmetics. (No harm, but definitely nothing special.)

This is analagous to the "ab slimmer belts" with electro pads that you wear at night to contract your abdominal muscles and "exercise while you sleep." It doesn't burn fat or help you lose weight, nor does it really bulk-up your abdominal muscles, but it will make them a bit sore, so you think something good is happening. The "Catio Lift" is much the same--different location, plus all the "special" creams and potions.

At 27, the only reason you might have a small amount of skin/muscle laxity is if you were morbidly obese and then lost over 100 lbs., causing some loss of elasticity. But even in massive weight loss patients, facial laxity is seen to a minimal degree at your age. Unless massive weight loss is an actual issue, there is nothing else adversely affecting your skin besides sun exposure (or tanning beds), smoking, and genetics. The latter can't be changed, and if the first two are not an issue, then any good skin care regimen, products, and diet will be more helpful than spending your money on the Catio "Lift." (Quotes are mine, because the only thing that is "lifted" is the residual cash from your wallet!) Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

4825 Olson Memorial Highway
Minneapolis, MN 55422

As any new technology for skin tension is a fraud/ nada substituye a la cirugia

this new kinds of technology offer always with 4 or 5 treatments a substitution to surgery but most of the time you ed up paying more than a surgery with less than 10% success it a good bussiness for spa and pseudosurgeons

este tipo de nueva technologia casi siempre son un fraude y jamas substituiran a una cirugia realizada por un buen cirujano plastico

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Calle 54 No. 365 T