Carbon Dioxide Injection to Treat Cellulite?

a spa near me is offering a new cellulite treatment called Carbossi Therapy. They say on their web site it involves injection of Carbon Dioxide which kills fat cells. Do you recommend this for cellulite?  Do you consider it entirely safe?

Treat cellulite with Cellulaze

+1

If you are looking for a procedure to get rid of cellulite is Cellulaze. This is the most effective procedure to get the skin cellulite-free. Unlike other forms of cellulite treatments, Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin. Consult with a surgeon to find out if this procedure is a good fit for you.

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would not suggest undergoing Carbossi Therapy. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Treatment for cellulite

+1

Your injection treatment concerns me greatly. I'm not even sure it is FDA approved or safe.  I'd recommend you consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Carboxytherapy is safe and helpful for cellulite

+1

Carbon dioxide has been safe in medical use for more than 80 years now. But even for esthetic reasons it should be injected only by a experienced physician.

Carbossi therapia is the italian name and italian universities has done some studies of the effects in the subcutaneus tissue. This treatment was introduced in France, at first mainly for speeding up the healing process of chronic leg ulcers.

The efficacy depends on various factors, as one is the stage of Cellulite.

Roland Weisser, MD
Germany Dermatologist

Cellulite cures: beware of crazy treatments.

+1

Injecting a gas (carbon dioxide) into the tissues is a bad idea and would certainly need a great deal of controlled studies to evaluate it's safety, never mind efficacy. I would stay away from it.  

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon