What Does Capsular Contracture Pain Feel Like?

I have pain in my left breast that feels like needles are poking around in there. I have silicone implants. Is this a normal feeling? Is this capsular contracture? My surgery was done 6 months ago.

Possible for it to be capsular contracture

+2

Capsular contracture is progressive tightening / hardening of the breast related usually to silicone implants, although it can happen with saline filled implants as well. A feeling of "needles" six months after implant surgery may indeed be the nerves healing afterward. It might not be contracture. You need to see your surgeon for guidance here.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

If you have capsules, you will know it

+2

Capsules are not always painful - but they turn nice soft breasts into ones that feel like there is a tennis ball inside. Capsules make the implants take on a spherical shape and feel hard.

If you are worried see your doctor.

Nerves are waking up.

+2

What you are experiencing sounds more like the sensory nerves recovering from you surgery. If your implant is firming up or is starting to ride higher on your chest, this is a better indication of a capsular contracture. Try anti-inflammatories like Advil for now and see your plastic surgeon.

Very difficult to say

+2

Hi there-

Without examining you and knowing a few more details, it would be very difficult to say what might be causing your pains.

I would suggest you visit your surgeon and describe your problem to them. After an exam, they'll be much better able to give you information and advice.

In the meantime, I would continue to massage your implants periodically.

Capsular contracture around the breast implant can cause pain and a constricted tight feeling

+1

Thank you for your question. The main symptom of capsular contraction around a breast implantis the sensation of tightening. However with significant Contraction This Tightening Can Also Cause Pain Which Can Vary from Just a Constrictive Feeling to Sharp Electric-like Sensations. Please See Your Plastic Surgeon for Evaluation.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Signs of Capsular Contracture

+1

Thank you for your question.  Capsular Contracture is one of the main risks of breast augmentation.   Classic signs are:
1.  hardness/tightness of the implant
2.  change in implant position (typically migrates towards the collarbone)
3.  increased pain and stiffness on the associated side.
Based on your description, you should see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation of capsular contracture.    If present, I would recommend a capsulectomy (removal of scar tissue) and implant exchange.  
Factors to consider:
1.  If your implants are above your muscle, you may want to consider switching to underneath the muscle, which lessens the risk of capsular contracture.
2.  If your implants are above the muscle and you desire to keep them there, you may benefit from the use of a textured implant.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com