Canthoplasty or Canthoplexy? (photo)

Hi. I have droopy down turned eyes, look very tired, especially by the time I finish work I look very tired and everyone keep noticing that which bothers me a lot. I went for few consultations and was told that canthoplasty is a right procedure, but then my dr told me that canthoplexy is safer when it comes to if something went wrong or I don't like the results. Can someone tell me please what is better for me?I am very confused, I want to have good results, such as almond shape more exotic eyes

Based on the photos, you are talking to the wrong surgeons.

+2

You have upper eyelid ptosis.  Canthopexy or canthoplasty will actually make the upper eyelid ptosis worse.  You can actually see that you mark the eyelids to make the eyes appear more open.  Canthal surgery will not make the eyes appear more open.  Please be very careful and get more opinions.

You already have almond-shaped eyes, so you don't need surgery.Consider skin quality treatments for tired-looking eyes

+1

As a specialist in oculofacial plastic surgery, I perform a lot of canthopexy and canthoplasty procedures to help patients have more almond-shaped eyes. However, from your photos, I noticed that your eyes are already almond in shape - the outer corner of your eyes is higher than the inner corner. I've had a lot of patients who needed revision surgery because they had their outer corners elevated so high which made them very distressed.

The appearance of having tired-looking eyes is based on a lot of factors: pigmentation, under eye hollowness, and dull skin quality. Nature grants a certain amount of permission to enhance the eyes, but if you go beyond that it results in a plastic look.

I recommend that you continue doing your research and perhaps entertain some non-surgical procedures. Also consider some other factors that are making you look tired. Lifestyle, diet and exercise have critical roles in an individual’s appearance. Toxic substances such as smoke and other things that drain the body and have negative effect on a person’s appearance. Always remember that the internal aspect of the body should be optimized in order to look the best as you can. I hope that was helpful to you, and thank you for your question.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon