Can Microdermabrasion Remove Freckles and Blackheads?

Blackheads and freckles are my only skin problems. Can microdermabrasion help remove them? I'm 19, and I'm considering going through the treatment if it can address these skin problems.

Treating freckles and blackheads

+2

Microdermabrasion is a terrific medical spa service. Multiple treatments are necessary to acheive results. Freckles should not change significantly from this treatment. Depending upon the depth in the skin, which your skin care professional can evaluate, other treatments may help like fractional laser.

Blackheads can be treated with a combination therapy that includes microdermabrasion. Your skin care professional may combines this with other treatments like Aesthera PPX ; glycolic peels; and at home regimen.

Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes it may work but Fraxel is better

+1

Microdermabrabion can improve the appearance of blackheads and freckles; however it usually cannot remove them completely. It is a superficial treatment to have such dramatic results. The best treatment for freckles will be IPL or fraxel laser, usually done 3-5 times. Blackheads can be manually extracted during a facial and to control them try using oil-free products, Retinoids at night and exfoliate regularly by doing a microderm or a chemical peel.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Treatment for freckles and blackheads

+1

Microdermabrasion is not designed to remove freckles or blackheads.  At our facility the most effective treatment for the removal of freckles is the Pearl laser treatment.  For the removal of the blackheads our estheticians are trained to extract blackheads without damaging the skin .

Microdermabrasion is an affective manual exfoliator

+1

Microdermabrasion is not the most affective treatment for blackheads and freckles.

For treatment of blackheads, a chemical peels is more affective. To treatment freckles laser treatments such as the IPL / Limelight procedure is much more affective.  

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion and freckles, sunspots

+1

Microdermabrasion is an effective mechanical exfoliative technique to improve complexion. However, microdermabrasion will not address freckling and dermal pigmentation. Treatment of these conditions can be acheived by deeper chemical peels, laser treatment of sunspots, and topical creams.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS