Butt Lift and Skin Tightening Without Scars?

Loose buttock & thigh skin -  how to tighten without surgery scars? I did have a consult with a plastic surgeon and he told me he could perform a Butt Lift but the scars wouldn't be worth the skin tightening results. I'm not a Liposuction candidate and everything I've read on non-surgical skin tightening stated that you did not get results. Is there anything that is available that WORKS without major scars?

Butt Lift & Skin tightening without scars

+2

Let's break this down into 2 issues:  volume and skin laxity.  So volume in the buttock can be achieved with implants, fat graft or rearrangement of your own buttock/back tissue during a traditional buttlift.  Obviously a butt lift has the downside of the scar but can rearrange your own tissue internally and add volume to the buttock area.  Brazilian butt lift success hinges equally on the need to sculpt the waist and the need to transfer that fat into the buttock region.   This corrects two areas of the body however you need to be a candidate for the procedure.  Buttock implants are another option to create volume and shape to the buttock region.   Buttock implants will also fill the skin with added volume and the skin will feel tighter. 

Now let's discuss how to correct skin laxity.  Skin laxity can be corrected with surgery by lifting the skin and cutting off the extra and trading that extra skin for a scar.  Non- surgical skin tighting options include external energey devices.  In our office we use two options:  Skin Tyte and Ulthera.  Skin Tyte uses light energy and does tighten skin to some degree.  Ulthera creates micro pulsed ultra sound energy under the skin and also does tighten the skin and the underlying tissue to some degree.  Both options are performed without a knife and therefore tighten tissue without scar.  The tradeoff on the non- surgical options is that the tightening effect can be limited and hard to document.  In our office I will frequently price the procedures appropriately so patients do not feel like they have paid a steep price for something that only have limited effect.  It is rare that a patient is disappointed and says they feel no difference after the skin and the underlying tissue had time to remodel and tighten. 

+1

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon is being very honest with you. Discuss this further with him and evaluate the other options, if any. There are no easy fixes for this problem. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Butt Lift and Skin Tightening without scars or fat transfer - Not Possible

+1

Your plastic surgeon is correct. If you are not a candidate for liposuction then butt lift surgery does leave noticeable scars. Only fat transfer, Brazilian Butt Lift,  leaves minuscule scars at the lipoinjection sites

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Limited retraction with laser lipo

+1

For certian areas of lax buttock skin, mostly the infragluteal fold, endolaser (or "Smartlipo") can be benefical.

I like to add this as the "final touch" in butt shaping surgery, but of course the retraction is limited.

At certain problem spots it can help if there is no other alternative, but it can under no circumstances replace a butt lift.

Alexander Aslani, MD, EBOPRAS
Spain Plastic Surgeon

How to improve the appearance of your butt with minimal scars

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is a popular and effective procedure to contour the butt and create a rounder appearance. In this procedure, your surgeon will perform liposuction to the abdomen, hips, lower back, and waist and then collect this fat and clean and process it before strategically transplanting it to your butt. This will have the benefit of creating a tighter and more shapely waist and abdomen and a fuller, round butt.

For your best results, the experience and the technique by your surgeon uses it is essential. For this reason only work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in butt augmentation, butt contouring, and Brazilian butt lift techniques.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Butt Lift with no scars

+1

Any procedure to tighten the skin will result in a scar. There is no technology available now that tightens the skin without leaving a scar. our role is to put the scar in such a position that it can be easily hidden.

Scarless Buttock Lift

+1

Dear FV,

At the present time, all other claims to the contrary, it is impossible to tighten buttock skin without EITHER grafting fat into it (ie the Brazilian Butt lift), place implants in them OR put a lengthy scar just above them and lift them higher. Each procedure is associated with some scarring and has it own pitfalls and complications. If you value your health and want to save on needless future treatments, I would definitely stir clear of using fillers other than your own to "pump" the volume of the buttocks.