Will a Bump on my Nose Heal over Time?

I was headbutted almost 2 weeks ago and I noticed that a small bump had formed on the bridge of my nose and a bit of slight discomfort. My nose is not broken neither is there any pain or bruising but all I want to know is will the bump go away over time and if so how long will it take ?

Nasal trauma and bump on the bridge line

The bump created from trauma across the nasal bridge is in direct response to the traumatic injury usually at the bony-cartilaginous junction. This can be simply filed down in a couple months if it's still present after the injury.  A large bump will require osteotomies and a full rhinoplasty.

Bump on nose

You may need minor surgery to remove the bump.  Only time will tell.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.  He will want to evaluate your nose at least 6 weeks after your injury to make that decision.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD