Will a Bump on my Nose Heal over Time?

I was headbutted almost 2 weeks ago and I noticed that a small bump had formed on the bridge of my nose and a bit of slight discomfort. My nose is not broken neither is there any pain or bruising but all I want to know is will the bump go away over time and if so how long will it take ?

Nasal trauma and bump on the bridge line

+1

The bump created from trauma across the nasal bridge is in direct response to the traumatic injury usually at the bony-cartilaginous junction. This can be simply filed down in a couple months if it's still present after the injury.  A large bump will require osteotomies and a full rhinoplasty.

Bump on nose

+1

You may need minor surgery to remove the bump.  Only time will tell.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.  He will want to evaluate your nose at least 6 weeks after your injury to make that decision.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD