Bump Left After Being Punched in Face

after an altercatrion broke my nose and was left with some bumps and bruises. The one that concerns me is a bump that is still on my eyebrow 3 months post fight. I had a ct scan recently fractures other than the nose,and the few doctors who have seen it say that it was most likely not fractured or broken since it is very hard to break this bone(it is the bone that is part of the frontal bones right above the eyebrow.)Could it still be swelling and or scar tissuu? What can I do to remedy this?

Bump after trauma

+2

If there is a fracture it would have been seen in the CT scan.  You may have swelling, hematoma, scar tissue, etc.  If it has not resolved in 3 to 6 months, then you should see your plastic surgeon again for an evaluation.

Good Luck.

Bump

+2

If this is a fracture, x-ray should show it. Also, your doctor should be able to feel a step-off line. Most likely this the result of a hematoma that has become calcified or at least scar tissue. You may need to have removed.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

A photograph would be very helpful.

+2

It is possible you had a bruise from your assault along the eyebrow.  Even though it has been three month, this may get better.  I would say that if it is not better in the next 6 months and it continues to bother you, it is worth discussing with a facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.