Buccal Fat Pad and All Fat Pads in my Face Were Damamged by 12 IPL Laser Treatments, Will The Fat Come Back?

I was told by a plastic surgeon that there is a chance that my buccal fat pads and other facial padding can regenerate after 2 years if they were melted by the IPL laser treatments. Is this true? I have a gaunt, saggy, loose looking face with no symmetry, elasticity or shape. Is it possible for the buccal fat pads to regenerate or are they gone?

IPL and Buccal Fat Pads

+1

I fully agree with my other colleagues on this topic. IPL is a light-based treatment. It doesn't have the ability to diminish, treat, or melt fat. Did you do any other treatments that might have more of an effect on deeper skin, like Titan or Thermage or something that penetrates deeper in the skin? Because IPL cannot penetrate deep enough to affect fat - it's a surface light treatment only. I would suggest you consult another physician, and possibly get a consultation for Restylane under the eyes.

IPL Does Not Affect Fat

+1

IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, does not penetrate deeply enough to remove fat beneath the skin. IPL is light of wavelengths between 420-1200 nm. Excessive sun exposure, tobacco use and age all cause loss of elasticity of the skin. Your skin should recover from IPL treatments 6-12 weeks after the last treatment. You might discuss other treatment options if your skin is gaunt and saggy, such as facelift, Pelleve, ablative laser treatments and other options. Fat grafting can also add volume to your skin in areas that can add a more youthful appearance.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL and fat loss

+1

I do not think it is possible for IPL to melt facial fat because it really is a skin surface treatment and does not penetrate deep enough. If it is really that easy to melt fat, we would all be using IPL to melt the love handles rather than using liposuction. You should consider fat transfer to the face.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon