Brow Lift /or Temple Lift - What is the Best for Me?

Hello im 27 years old,and I had uper eyelid surgery 6 mouths ago.Im very happy but i think i still have some sad eyes..So some doctors say... 1- Endoscopic Brow lift ather one say temple lift and im all confuse:(.. What is the best for my case? I have wrinkles on my forhead and betten my eyes.. Please help and thank you for your time

At 27 you don't need a browlift

+4

You are young and attractive looking and have well shaped brows.  Personally, I would suggest that you do not need a browlift and that you stay away from further facial surgery until many more years have passed.

Brow Lift in Young Patients

+2

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Many would say you have pretty eyes, others would agree with you that they are relatively low. The key to what procedure if any is recommended has to do with what you want to accomplish. For example if it is just the lateral brow (side closest to your temple) you could start with some Botox or Dysport injections to lift this a little bit. If not enough then a short scar temple lift  might be beneficial. If you would like to lift the entire brow than I would suggest the least invasive lift which would be an endoscopic approach rather than a coronal brow lift (most invasive).

Here is my suggestion: with your finger on your forehead above your brow, "play around" with various positions to see how much and what aspect of the brow needs changing. Another suggestion is to take some high quality photos and "play" with the position of your brows on photo software or seek consultation from a plastic surgeon who offers this technology to see in advance what you might look like after various procedures.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Beware of brow lifts! Focus on the lateral hood!

+2

Be very careful when asking for a brow lift, you might get it.  If you look up brow lift results in published papers and before and afters you will see that many surgeons successfully lift the brow.  Unfortunately a true brow lift makes patients look scared or surprised!  It is almost never necessary to elevate the medial third of the brow.  Many women actually benefit aesthetically from a slight lowering of the medial third.  On the contrary, there are few women even at your age that would not benefit from elevation of their lateral brow.  The reason for this is probably not what you think.  Much more important than the brow positionand shape is the infra brow skin.  If you look at yourself in the mirror you will see some bunching of skin under the brow next to your eye and a flat shape.  I call this the lateral hood.  The only kind of brow lift that I typically perform in women of your age I call a lateral hood lift.  If you gently pull up on your forehead skin above the lateral brow, you will see that a very subtle elevation makes you look younger.  This is mostly because it cleans up the lateral hood.  It is usually necessary to also restore brow volume at the same time as a lateral hood lift to create a beautiful rejuvenated shape.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Eyebrows are low and Brow Lift is best

+2

From your photos, your eyebrows are quite low and the most reliable and long lasting method to raise the eyebrows still remains the Coronal Brow Lift.  A Temple Lift is a limited dissection scalp only, or with suspension threads (that can and do loosen)...to create a partial and temporary elevation of the lateral (outsdie) eyebrows.  This is far less effective or reliable than the Coronal Brow Lift, IMHO.

Brow lift or temple lift

+2

A brow lift is the better operation since a temporal lift is only a skin removal and the skin will have stretch back and it will only address the lateral part of the brow.  It is best to perform a brow lift so that the entire forehead and brows are adjusted together.  The frontalis, corrugator, and/or procerus muscles can be adjusted as well, but only when needed.  

Endoscopic Forehead Lift vs Brow Lift

+2

You have low set brows and any procedure that will elevate your brows will benefit your look. Elevating the forehead with endoscopic forehead lift will elevate your entire forehead including brows, which should be done  more on the left side to improve the asymmetry of your brow, as well as the wrinkles.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift or temple lift?

+2

From your photos you look like you could have "killed 2 birds with one stone " if you had the brow lift before your lid surgery. Definitely the forehead browlift is the better choice. A temple lift will make you look evil.

Brow lift vs temple lift

+2

Looking at your photograph and considering that you are also concerned with lines between your eyebrows and on your forehead, a brow lift would provide you with the best result. 

During an endoscopic procedure, small incisions are made behind the hairline and in the temple area on either side.  The skin of the forehead and the eyebrows are freed from their underlying attachments and elevated to a more youthful position.  The contour of the eyebrow is improved and the upper eyelid will appear more open and alert.  The muscles responsible for the lines you mention can also be addressed at the same time.  Regards.

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you do a brow lift, will you be able to close your eyes?

+1

Your brows are naturally low, which can be considered a good or bad thing, depending on your wishes and desires. They are also slanted upward in the temple portion of the brow.

Because you have performed a blepharoplasty prior to a brow lift, you may not be able to perform a brow lift at this time.  With a brow lift in addition to the blepharoplasty, your eyes may not be able to close while lying back during sleep.

There is a functional medical aspect to these surgeries that takes precedence over aesthetic considerations.  I'd wait awhile.

When the time comes, an endoscopic brow lift should work for you.  You certainly do not need a lateral brow or temple lift, as the outer (lateral) portions of your brow are already high enough.

Gregory S. Keller, MD, FACS

Brow lift for sad eyes

+1

You are an attractive lady. I can see why you would possibly think that you have sad eyes. One I think that you eyebrow may be a little low but not terribly low. A brow lift could help you brighten up the appearance of your eyes. One thing that could help you is if you thinned your eyebrows through judicious brow waxing and hair plucking.  Also lightening your eyebrows could help.  But a brow lift could increase this distance and make your eyes look softer.  The distance between your eyelid margin and eyebrows should be around one iris width and not much more than 1 1/2 iris widths.  A temple lift would concentrate on your lateral portion of your eyebrow.  A brow lift would be the whole eyebrow lifted. In my opinion, I think you need the medial part of your eyebrow lifted as much as your lateral part of your eyebrow, if not more. I would do a brow lift and not just a temple lift.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon