Can a Brow Lift Pull my Eyebrows Straighter?

I am 19 years old & have always had a low brow that makes me look angry. When I lift my brow muscles I look much more relaxed but my eyebrows become more arched & instead I want them to frame my face better. (My forehead is the narrowest part of my face, my cheeks the widest) I want to know, is it possible to pull the position of my eyebrows taunter so they lay longer?

Microtailoring brow position

+2

To an extent, brow position can be microtailored, so that portions of the brow are more affected than others.

The patient should always consider the advice of a seasoned plastic surgeon rather than come into the office with a preconceived idea of exactly what they want. 

Excessive meddling with a natural brow can sometimes produce an operated appearance.

Below is a book chapter on browlifts which may be interesting reading (or not)...

YES! With a modification of the endoscopic browlift - temporal lift

+1

Yes, this is a possibility with the modification of the endoscopic browlift - temporal lift.  The pull needs to be angled correctly to achieve your goals.  Good luck!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Eyebrow shape

+1

The eyebrow shape can be manipulated by brow lifting but it would arch them more than anything. If you want them spread out  so to speak that would not happen with a brow lift.

Brow lift is not performed to change shape of eyebrows

+1

The brow lift operation is performed to raise the entire forehead. A brow lift cannot change the shape or arch of the eyebrows as that is determined by a balance between the elevator and depressor muscles of the forehead, which includes the frontalis, corrugator, and procerus muscles. The brow lift is done for people who have very low set eyebrows. It can be done through a coronal approach or an endoscopic approach depending upon the patient’s needs, wants, and desires.  

Brow lift and the importance of vectors

+1

Some people have congenitally low brows. These are the people that wind up having brow lift surgery in their 20s instead of in their 40s. With a brow lift, either endoscopic or open, there are vectors or directions in which each of the parts of the brow is pulled. More pull or lift can be applied in one vector as opposed to another. In this case more pull would need to be applied laterally to flatten your eyebrows to better frame your face. You should discuss this with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in brow lift.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Changing brow shape

+1

It is possible to alter the shape of the brow with different surgical techniques. However, I would recommend you do something non-invasively such as Botox first to see if you like the changes before having surgery.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Straighter Eyebrows after Browlift

+1

A browlift can raise the brows and change brow contour. If desired, this procedure will decrease the arch,  but not  actually increase the length.

Eye browlift

+1

There are permanent and reversable options. As you are only 19 you may change your mind in a few years and regret for what you have done which is a  permanent change. So I would suggest trying something like brow lift with Polypropelene barbed threads(sutures) . With this minimally invasive procedure the brow position could be set to your preference.  It can be adjusted or removed as the case may be. Good luck

Zain Kadri, MD

It does sound as if it maybe possible to change the position of your eyebrows slightly with surgery but which would elevate your

+1

Thank you very much for your enquiry, it does sound as if it maybe possible to change the position of your eyebrows slightly with surgery but which would elevate your eyebrow position.

Many people such as Cindy Crawford do have a low eyebrow position and do not look angry and I don't think in lower eyebrow position always makes you look like this.

There are lots of options which also include botox to elevate the browlift which maybe possible in some cases.

It would probably be best to seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your town to advice the best way forward for you.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Yes, but try something temporary first

+1

Dear lady,  there are indeed techniques which can straighten your eyebrows, by lifting the outer third. The short-scar temporal lift described by Alain Fogli for instance is a good and safe technique. Endoscopic browlifting is a good alternative.

However I would strongly advise to modify the shape of your eyebrow in a non-destructive way before turning to any surgery. You can simply draw your eyebrows differently to start, perhaps with the help of a make-up artist.

Botox applied by an experienced doctor can also modify the shape of you eyebrow, by lifting the outer and also the inner third. If disappointing, waiting will restore the original situation. 

If you are absolutely certain of the desired shape, you can then turn to a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in facial aesthetic surgery to discuss about a surgical correction

Alexis Verpaele, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon