Breasts too Far Apart. 3 Days Post Op, Will They Get Closer Together? (photo)

i had sub muscular breast augmentation 3 days ago, and looking at them i love the shape and size but they seem to far apart will they get closer as i feel like i have no cleavage. heres my before and after could u let me know your opinions.

Breasts too Far Apart. 3 Days Post Op, Will They Get Closer Together?

+2

Much much too early ,ONLY 3 days, to determine if your breasts are too far apart. Allow at least 3 months of healing and compression exercises medially. If you note on your before photos your N/A meridian is lateral to the full breast plane, thus the result should magnify this lateral N/A displacement. Please discuss with your PS. 

What is the right amount of cleavage?

+2

Thank you for the photos.  When an implant is placed under the muscle there is a point where the implant cannot be placed any further toward the center since the muscle attaches near the sternum (breast bone).  With time however your muscle should relax and swelling will decrease and your cleavage appearance will improve.  During this time follow your plastic surgeons advice which may include wearing a bra or garment that keeps the implants from stretching the outside portion of your breast (near arm pit).

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast augmentation

+2

I agree that your surgeon did an excellent job, from the photos, and that your nipples are probably naturally eccentrically placed laterally. This is not really fixable but your result already looks good and is likely to look better as things settle and the capsules soften, and your muscles relax. I think the inner part of your pocket near the breastbone needs to relax somewhat, but even on your preop photos, your breasts have a fairly sharp vertical delineation off the sternum, so I think that is just something about your breast anatomy. Be patient. You will likely be surprised at how great things look as swelling goes down and the breasts relax.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breasts too far apart

+2

You always have to center the implant under your nipples.  You were born with nipples that were born with nipples that were slightly far apart.  The only way to create more cleavage is to use a wider implant with larger volume or a wider base style implant.  However, I agree that it is too early to judge your results and that things will change more as your heal.  It looks like your surgeon did an excellent job.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Too Far Apart?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At this stage in your recovery it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery. It is very likely that  the appearance of the breasts will change (for the better) over the course of the next few months.

Based on your pictures, I think your plastic surgeon has attempted to place the implants as close to the midline ( for improved cleavage) as much as safely possible. For example, if you note the position of the nipple/areola complexes on the breast mounds,  you will see that any further medial positioning of the breast implants would have resulted in abnormally outward pointing nipple/areola complexes.

At this point, there is not much that you can do to change the position of the breast implants. Follow your plastic surgeon's recommendations regarding exercise and/or strenuous activity;  see if he/she recommends massage.