How Long After Breast Reduction Surgery Are Breasts Swollen?

I had a breast reduction two weeks ago. I started at a 32F, and my doctor and I agreed that "around" a small C-cup would be better for my petite, athletic frame. I have had an excellent recovery so far; however, my breasts are still big for my size. I can even fit into a DD-cup bra. I'm a bit nervous that I will have gone through a major surgery and still have over-sized breasts. Even though my breast size hasn't decreased much since the day after surgery, could they are still swollen? If not, can this be corrected without undergoing extensive surgery again?

Normal swelling after a breast reduction

+1

What you are experiencing is normal dependent swelling.  The tissue and skin will feel somewhat boggy and it is this swelling that makes the pores seem enlarged.  It is not an infection.  It probably gets worse at the end of the day and better when you get up in the morning.  If you notice drainage or have a fever then you should be seen by your plastic surgeon.

Swelling Following Breast Reduction May Last 6-8 Weeks

+1

It’s not unusual to have significant swelling following breast reduction surgery. This swelling typically lasts for six to eight weeks following breast reduction. Even after the swelling has disappeared, the breasts continue to remodel for up to a year following surgery.

In your case, breast enlargement following surgery is most likely secondary to severe swelling. This is not uncommon and should resolve with time. It’s important to be patient. Remember, this procedure has one of the highest satisfaction rates seen in plastic surgery. If you have concerns, don’t be afraid to discuss them with your plastic surgeon.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Breast Reduction

+1

Congratulations on your recent breast reduction. Some of my happiest patients are breast reduction patients. It is life changing procedure. Swelling is completely normal following breast reduction and can last several months. This swelling can cause the breasts to appear larger. Try to be patient and follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon with any further concerns.

Web reference: http://farberplasticsurgery.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Swelling?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

You are much too early in evaluating the results of surgery. I was just waiting at least 6 months before evaluation of size, shape, or symmetry of the breast. At that time, I would also suggest that you do not base your “satisfaction” with the results of surgery on a specific cup size.

Reducing breasts  further is an option;  I would suggest waiting at least one year before making this type of decision.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Swelling after breast reduction surgery.

+1

Swelling following breast reduction can take several weeks to resolve. It can take up to 6-12 months before you see the final result in terms of shape and size.  If your breast reduction has fallen short of your expectations, additional surgery can further enhance the result, but most plastic surgeons would recommend waiting at least a year before doing any additional surgery.  Consult your own plastic surgeon about any concerns you have regarding your breast size and post -operative swelling. Good luck to you.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after breast reduction

+1

Some degree of swelling is normal after breast reduction surgery, and it gradually resolves over the course of several months after surgery, depending on how much tissue was removed and how your body heals from the surgery. If after the healing is complete you are still concerned that your breasts are too large, liposuction may provide a less extensive method of reducing your breasts further.

Swelling after breast reduction surgery

+1

It is common to have swelling after breast reduction surgery. Depending on the technique used for the procedure, the swelling may persist for up to 6 to 8 months. At that time, you should see your final result. If you feel that the press are still too large it may not be a question of swelling but of excess or remaining tissue. Consult with your plastic surgeon as they may recommend a small revision to your breast reduction so that you may reach your goal cup size.

Breast reduction swelling

+1

Swelling after breast surgery is very common. This will take weeks sometimes months for all the swelling to disappear. This is all part of the healing process.

Breast will be swollen after augmentation for a few months, at least

+1

Breast reduction results particularly those of large reductions usually take several months to show themselves. Initially things look "tight high and swollen." On the reduction target, did your surgeon really say he could take you from an F to a small C cup? You might want to talk with him about this again.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Way too early to tell after breast augmentation

+1

Ashley,

You should be communicating frequently with your plastic surgeon. He or she will be able to estimate for you how much swelling remains in your breasts, but after two weeks, you're certain to have quite a bit.

As Dr. Placik mentioned above, this swelling can last months.

Give it some time! The patient satisfaction rate after breast reduction is among the highest of any plastic surgery patient.

Ogden Plastic Surgeon