Will Breasts Appear Smaller After Lift without Implants or Look Bigger because They'll Look Perkier?

I'm a big C cup and I'm happy with my cup size, I don't want implants but I don't want them to change size. Is it true that they look smaller after a lift? Or they appear bigger and "full" from being perkier, without actually increasing cup size?

Breasts can appear larger with lift

+2

The breast can appear larger after a breast lift, as the shape is improved the breast projection will increase. The reduction in the skin envelope will tend to recruit the flattened and spread breast tissue into the center and core of the breast. Many do feel fuller and larger with a lift without breast implants.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/breast-lift

Breasts will appear larger with Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

Hi Kathz,

Great question! So glad you asked. There's a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift which actually reshapes your existing breast tissue and permanently suspends it to make it look like implants. Breasts are firm and perky giving the appearance of larger breasts because they project more. An added benefit to this procedure is NO VERTICAL SCAR. This technique works for all breast types. Look into it. Best wishes, Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breastlift

+1

When you have a breastlift you retain all your breast volume.  It is simply lifted and shaped to provide a fuller more projected breast instead of a more flat and spread out breast.  The breast overall shape may look smaller but the better projection enhances the fullness.  The effect on your bra or cup size may be variable and sometimes less predictable.  Instead of a flatter big C cup you may find yourself in a perkier small c cup.  I hope this information helps.

Breast lift

+1

A breast lift will definitely provide perkier looking breasts.  In lifting the breasts, some skin and a small amount of tissue are removed to create the desired look, so they may be slightly smaller than before surgery.

Well-done Breast Lift gives breasts better shape AND fulness

+1

Hi there-

It is important to understand that not all breast lifts are created equal...

Assuming your breast lift is performed by an experienced and talented breast surgeon, it is possible to achieve both an improvement in shape and the appearance of fulness as the breast tissue is redistributed over the anatomically correct (smaller) footprint of the breasts.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

+1

If ONLY skin is removed than the true volume does not change. But in appearance it is a personal view, some look smaller other appear larger. Best to see many photos to determine. 

Breast Lifts Usually Do Not Change Breast Size

+1

The perception of breast size after a lift without an implant can vary in appearance. Since no breast tissue is being removed, the actual cup size should not change. But since the breast skin is being tightened and lifted, there may be the illusion that they are slightly bigger in some patients and slightly smaller in other patients. As a general rule, it is best to perceive that a breast lift reshapes and lifts the breast but does not really change its cup size.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift.html

The breast size does not change with lift only

+1
The breast lift involves repositioning the nipple/areola complex without removing any breast tissue. Your breast size would be the same as you wear a push up bra.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Will Breasts Look Smaller After a Lift Without Implants?

+1

This is an excellent question.  What you have to understand is that a person who needs a lift generally does because most, if not all, of the breast volume has dropped below the horizontal midpoint (or the "equater") of the breast.  A lift will redistribute this breast tissue back to 50% above and 50% below.  This may give the effective appearance of a smaller size, even though no breast tissue has been removed.  So if you take your hands and move your breast tissue back up to being evenly distributed from top to bottom, and you want to be larger than that, then you probably need an implant.  If you are not sure, you could always go with the lift first and add an implant at a second stage.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Lifted Breasts look Fuller and Perkier

+1
A sagging breast looks fuller only when supported in a bra. When the support is removed the breast Davis and the top portion of the breast is empty. When a short scar (Hall-Findlay) Mastopexy is done the sagging portion of the breast is flipped under the breast acting as an auto-implant making the breast appear fuller AND perkier. Pete A Aldea, MD