Can my Breasts Be Lifted Without Implants? (photo)

I've nursed three children and had a 70 lb. weight loss that have left me with lots of excess skin & sagging. Once I reach my goal weight, I'm interested in a mommy makeover that includes a tummy tuck and breast lift, but not augmenting my breasts. Do you think that's possible with how my breasts look? I'm happy with the size of my breasts when I wear a good bra (currently 38DD) but unhappy with how deflated & saggy they are without a bra.

Breasts CAN be lifted without implants

+2

Hi,

You are the perfect candidate for a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift. This technique lifts and reshapes your existing breast mound to resemble that of implants. Breasts are firm and perky. An added benefit to this procedure is NO VERTICAL SCAR.  This technique works on all breast types. Look into it. Best wishes, Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without Implants

+2

You can absolutely have a breast lift without using implants. You will have to be ok with scars on your breasts but they usually heal very well over time.  A breast lift will move your nipple back up to the middle of your breast and give you a great breast shape.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts without implants

+2

It is a common misconception among some plastic surgeons that all breast lifts need implants. That is not the case and if you have enough volume to sculpt with, there is no need for an implant.  It is also nice to see if the lift alone will work for you because if it does, you can avoid all the potential nagging problems that you carry for life with implants.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast implants not necessary, but you may decrease breast size

+1
A traditional breast lift may leave your breasts smaller, therefore you may want to consider augmentation to maintain your size. Implants are not necessary, however. Some patients find that a breast lift with auto augmentation is suitable.

Pricing in Toronto, Ontario, generally ranges from $9000-$11000.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast Lift Without Implant Options

+1
Breast lift without implants - consider the "California Breast Lift"
You may be a good candidate for a minimal "short" scar technique breast lift without an implant. An exam would be required but your photos suggest that this is a great option for you. If more superior breast fullness is desired then consider a fat transfer procedure at the time of the lift - The "California Breast Lift" is a procedure which transfers unwanted fat from the abdomen or thighs to the breasts. See the below links for additional details.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Lifts Can Be Done Without Implants

+1

Adding breast implants to a breastlift will help the appearance of the cleaveage area.  However, implants to fill out and a lift to tighten the breast tissue means both are doing the opposite thing.  So there is a higher complication rate with implants and a breastlift at the same time.

There are techniques to add lower breast tissue up higher into the breasts for a nicer look.  I usually use the Graff/Biggs technique.  This procedure entails rolling up, and tunneling your natural breast tissue upwards, and secured by a flap of muscle.  The skin is then tightened to make the best appearance.

Not all plastic surgeons are familiar with these technqiues, so seek out multiple opinions. 

Good luck.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover with tummy tuck and breast lift

+1

To directly answer your question, no, you do not need to have implants with your breast lift.

You said that you are happy with your breast size.  Getting implants will make your breasts bigger. 

Keep in mind, however, a breast lift will lift the breasts up and make them perkier. If you desire fullness in the upper portions of your breast, then this is what an implant accomplishes.

I hope this helps. Good Luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover with Mastopexy is a great operation

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a Mommy Makeover with a breast lift (mastopexy). As a general rule, if you are happy with your breast size when your breasts are in a bra, yet they sag too low when you take off your bra, then you an excellent mastopexy candidate. Breast implants are great, but are not for everyone.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Breast lift without implants is possible in some cases

+1

Based on your photographs, you probably do have enough breast tissue to have a mastopexy (breast lift) alone without implants. This would, in my opinion, require an inverted-T incision pattern. Without implants, your breast size will decrease even if no breast tissue is removed. There will also be little change in the upper pole fullness of the breast (roundness on the top) without implants. You should nonetheless be able to get a nice result, based on the photos. Of course, a thorough exam and consultation is needed to clarify your goals and the best options for you. Thanks for your question.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without implants

+1

Yes you can have a breast lift without implants if you are happy with the size of your breasts. Breast lift raise the position of the nipple and reshape the breast. The breast is moved up to a better position on the chest and can be re-shaped to narrow a wide breast or to increase cleavage or both depending on the patient's wishes. It is recommended to use an implant if you want to increase your size.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon