One Breast Nice and Round Other is Flat on Side and Oval Shaped?

I am one week post op. the one breast looks nice and perfectly round. The other is flat on the side and kind of looks oval...I can't tell if they started to drop..I had 465 filled to 480 saline. Will the oval boob end up getting round like the other? I am a small girl 110 pounds 5'3 from a 32b fitting into 32dd. So I kno my skin is very tight. I had perky boobs to begin with.

Settling Hasn't Occurred Yet

+1
When breast implants are first put into your body, they typically sit higher up in the chest. This is because it’s the path of least resistance – your body requires some time to adjust to their presence, regardless of whether they’ve been placed in a sub-mammary (between breast tissue and chest muscle) or sub-muscular (under both the breast and chest muscle). Immediately following surgery, you’ll find that your newly enhanced breasts appear very full and swollen, especially in the upper portion above the nipples. Your skin will most likely look very tight and your nipples may point slightly downward as well. This may make the shape and overall appearance of your breasts appear unnatural. Don’t worry, because they will change for the better, something casually known as “dropping and fluffing”.

As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

Although it's often called "dropping", it is more like "redistribution". The "fluffing" part refers to the impression that the lower breast enlarges and that your skin softens with the creation of new tissues. The extent to which this occurs depends on several factors, including the implant size, the tightness of your skin, and your body shape.

This takes longer in patients with smaller breasts and tighter skin, and it can also happen faster in one breast than the other.

Breast shape 1 week after breast augmentation

+1

One week after surgery is too early to make any judgements on breast shape.  Swelling is still present and the implants will take some time to settle.  Also, your skin and muscle will stretch and relax over time.  Talk to your plastic surgeon and make sure your questions and concerns are addressed. 

Naveen Setty, MD

Hello

+1

One week post-surgery is way too early to see final results. It takes 6-9 months for implants to settle skin and muscle to relax. Make sure you ask your surgeon those questions. Without pictures or an exam it’s hard to give accurate advice.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Recovery from Breast Implants

+1

One week after surgery is a little early to get worried.  Without seeing your before and after pictures, it is impossible to give you further advice.  I would suggest talking over your concerns with your surgeon.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Differential healing after augment

+1
It is far to soon to reach any conclusions about the ultimate shape of the breasts. They will not heal at the same rate, could have swollen differently, etc. Be patient! You will need to wait at least 3-6 months to have a good sense of the result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD