Breast Lift Recovery

I'm considering a breast lift. What can I expect during breast lift recovery?

Breast lift recovery

+2

The recovery from a breast lift is usually much easier on the patient than they expect considering that the surgery is done on a sensitive part of your body. I allow my patients to exercise at 2 weeks after surgery, they rarely need pain medication refills and are showering at 2 days. They wear a bra night and day for 2 weeks.

Breast Lift Recovery

+1
You'll probably need to take 2 weeks off of work if it's a desk job (or longer if it's more physically demanding). You'll need to take it easy for 1 week, and you can start exercising at 3 weeks.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast Lift Recovery

+1

Breast lift surgery typically lasts three to four hours and is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. Rarely, surgical drains are placed during the procedure and are removed within the first week after surgery. At the first postoperative appointment, the sterile surgical dressings are removed and replaced with a supportive surgical bra. Patients are expected to wear this bra at all times for three weeks. While every patient is different, most women are able to return to work in one week, light exercise in three weeks, and resume strenuous activity (including overhead lifting, etc…) after five weeks. Antibiotics and pain medicine are prescribed following the surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Lift Recovery?

+1

Breast lift recovery is relatively easier  than most operations we perform. This is because there is no “muscle work” involved ( as opposed to breast augmentation surgery). Most patients need help for one or 2 days after surgery and can return to work within a week afterwards (depending on the type of work).

Breast lifting does involve incisions that need to be cared for;  from the standpoint, recovery and complications can be greater than for patients who are undergoing breast on notation only ( through very small incisions).

Breast lift recovery

+1

The recovery from a breast lift (mastopexy) is not as involved as the recovery from breast implants. Since most breast lifts require removal of skin and tissue only (the muscle is left intact) patients can return to work in two to three days. Oral pain medication is required for only two to three days, after which time, patients can return to work and drive while taking just Tylenol. A surgical bra is usually work for several (four) weeks after the procedure, and often times, the stitches are absorbable.

William Bruno, MD

Breast lift recovery.

+1

Hi!

1)  The breast is a skin organ, and so a breast lift is really skin surgery, which doesn't hurt much.

2)  Our breast lift patients in New York go back to work in 5 days, and exercise in 3 weeks.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast lift receovery

+1

Breast lift surgery  recovery is relatively easy.  It is certainly easier than most breast augmentations.  Patients do not usually have too much discomfort from  the procedure.

Breast lift recovery

+1

Recovery after breast lift surgery is usually pretty staightforward. Obviously women are all different and not every breast lift surgery is the same. Having said that, most women will have mild to moderate discomfort for the first 5-7 days and then do pretty well. The vast majority of patients go home the same day as the operation. Few may opt to spend one night in the hospital. Activity restrictions and wound care will vary amongst surgeons.

Jeremy Waldman, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recovery

+1

Surprisingly quick. The operation involves removing some skin and contouring the breast. Pain after this procedure is mild to moderate. Most women are off their pain meds by 5-7 days. You can return to work by 7-10 days. You may begin light cardio not involving the upper body at 2 weeks and full unrestricted activity by 4 weeks.

I hope you found this helpful. Good luck

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Easy recovery

+1

Breast lifts, in general, are surprisingly easy recoveries. There is usually less pain and discomfort than one expects so pain medication requirements are minimal. Depending on the technique and the extent of the lift, incisions heal quickly. I use very few if any skin sutures and rely alot on taping. Patients can get their breasts wet after 24 hours in most situation. I rarely need to use a drain and patient can get back to most domestic type activities within a week. Driving is not allowed for about a week so as to protect the breast in case of an accident. Patients can resume non-contact exercise and sports after about 2 weeks with full recovery around 3-4 weeks.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD