I Had Breast Implants over a Year Ago I Have Servere Pain in my Nipples and Areola

I had breast implants over a year ago now i have servere pain in my nipples abd areola its been a year should i be worried or concerend?

Severe Pain In Nipple Areola Complex One Year After Surgery Is Not Normal

+1

There are many potential causes for pain in your nipple areola complex after a breast augmentation.  Pain that persists up to a year needs evaluation and treatment by your plastic surgeon.  You may have an entrapped nerve, possibly from a capsular contracture, or you may have a neroma (a painful swelling on a nerve).  No matter what the cause of the pain, it needs to be evaluated sooner rather than later. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and pain afterward

+1

You may want to visit with your plastic surgeon to take a look.  You may have neuromas which are causing the pain.  They can be surgically removed or temporarily blocked with lidocaine.

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

+1

Is this bilateral? If yes than I have NEVER heard of bilateral N/A pain after a year postoperative. You need to be examinesd in person and than testing of the type.place, degree of pain occurring. 

Severe pain after breast augmentation

+1

It is unusual to have pain so long after breast augmentation.  I would recommend to be evaluated by your surgeon first.

Prolonged breast pain post breast augmentation

+1

Dear Tracy in Fresno,

I have had a few patients over the last 20 years with post op pain as you describe.  All have resolved with a combination of local regional blocks, desensitization exercises and medication.  Google the Gate Theory of pain for starters.

Of course your situation may have unique issues so I suggest that you revisit your Plastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment.  Good luck.

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

You should speak to the surgeon who did the operation.  I assume the pain you're experiencing has not been there since surgery.  If that's the case, you need to be evaluated for capsular contracture and other potential problems.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain after Breast augmentation

+1

Severe pain at your point of recovery from surgery is definitely not normal.  You should see your PS as soon as possible and discuss your concerns with him/her. If you are not getting the answer or explanation you want then you should seek a second opinion.

Web reference: http://www.sacs-sa.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Severe pain this long after is not expected

+1

Severe pain this long after breast augmentaion is not expected.  Your past history (incision, implant type, evolution of discomfort) and physical examnation are all relevant and should be reviewed by your plastic surgeon.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon