Are 500 Cc Breast Implants Too Big?

I am 5'4 and 145 pounds. I am 125 cc in breast size. I wear an A size cup bra. I am considering to have 500 cc to 510 cc breast implants. I want a fuller breast look. Would you consider that be too much for me?

Choosing a breast implant size

+1

Choosing a breast implant size can be difficult as patient preferences differ widely, and patient opinions may change..  For this reason a careful and detailed discussion of  your desires is necessary. 

I find that patients are sometimes reluctant to ask for larger sized implants

If  there are post operative regrets about size it is usually that they wished they had chosen a larger implant.

Rather than cup size I suggest that you provide photos of the size and shape of the breasts that you want....a picture is worth a thousand words.

At your consultation your board certified plastic surgeon will examine you and discuss your options with you.

Breast implant sizing

+1

Choosing implant size is personal, but as you go larger the chance of problems does go up. I discuss this frequently with my patients looking at larger implant sizes. Look at dimensions and try to avoid concentrating upon the volume. What did your surgeon recommend?

Orange Plastic Surgeon

This is larger than needed to give a fuller breast look

+1

Implant size should be determined based on a number of factors. If your skin is tight then 500cc is probably too large for a first time augmentation. Your plastic surgeon should be able to discuss the implant sizes that your breast dimension will support. Chose your initial implant size cautiously because you will undoubtedly have additional surgery in your future.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

500cc is a larger implant: try sizing first to assess look.

+1

The right implant choice for you is a complex decision and it is not that easy.

This depends on the amount of natural breast tissue, the breast diameter, degree of constriction, implant material, implant shape, chest shape, etc.

In general, 500cc is a larger than average breast implant and would likely have the additiional concerns of increased risks of interference with nipple sensation as well as long term risks of ptosis and breast deformity.

I assume that you are thinking of saline because silicone does not come in 510.

In someone considering implants this large, I generally recommend a high profile silicone but this is an opinion an open to discussion.

You may want to consider a breast sizing kit or performing the rice test and then asking friends and family for their advice.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.