Does Wearing Breast Implant Strap Affect Final Results?

Can the breast implant strap cause implants to be too low? Almost 3 month ago I got breast implants and I was given a strap to use so the implants would drop. I think I used the strap for too long and too low and cause my implant to be very low and lateral.

Sternal straps for Breast Implant positioning

The natural history of breast implants is to settle down and out, just as you described: low and lateral. "Settling" can occur spontaneously, however some physicians will recommend the use of a "sternal strap" to be worn in the area above the breast implant bulge and below the collar bone. As a general rule, saline implants will tend to "drop" very quickly compared to the silicone gel implants.

While it is true that a sternal strap may accelerate the downward settling of implants, it isn't the only deciding factor. The intrinsic characteristics of your breast skin will either "carry" the implant or allow it to "bottom out". Any factor which contributes to the downward spiral is the size of the implant and the presence or absence of texturizing on the surface.