Itching a Sign of Saline Leakage?

My right breast has been deeply itching 4 days. Is this a sign of Saline leakage? Thank yoMy implants are at least 15 years old.

Itching is not a sign of implant leakage

+1

It is very unlikely that your itching is due to a leaking saline implant. Generally the only thing that a patient notices with rupture of a saline implant is a significant decrease in breast volume. Usually there are no other symptoms.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Itching and sign of possible implant rupture.

+1

It is probably more important to assess the breast size as a sign of leakage. I am not aware of leakage causing itching and threfore I think they are unrelated.

Itching chest

+1

Itching of the chest is not a sign of a leakage.  You  may have an allergy to something.  Do you have a rash?

Breast Itching is NOT a sign of Implant Leaking

+1

Itching is NOT a recognized sign of saline breast implant leaking. Diagnosing a leaking saline implant is very easy; the breast goes down as the leaked saline is absorbed by the body and excreted in the urine. With 15 year implants, i would not recommend you do anything, unless they bother you, until one of them deflates.

Dr. Aldea

Leaking saline implants will deflate in 2-3 days

+1

If your implants leak, they will deflate completely in 2-3 days. Saline implants are filled with saline and the leakage will not cause any irritation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Saline Implant Rupture

+1

You would know if you had leakage of your implants as one would be getting smaller than the other.  Itching is not a symptom for leaking, there really is no sign or symptom other can the breast getting smaller.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD