Itching a Sign of Saline Leakage?

My right breast has been deeply itching 4 days. Is this a sign of Saline leakage? Thank yoMy implants are at least 15 years old.

Usually, a leak doesn't cause itchiness. You could be allergic to something else. If you do have a rupture, then you'd notice the deflation since it generally occurs quickly. I suggest you see your doctor for a physical exam.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Itching is not a sign of implant leakage

It is very unlikely that your itching is due to a leaking saline implant. Generally the only thing that a patient notices with rupture of a saline implant is a significant decrease in breast volume. Usually there are no other symptoms.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

4845 Knightsbridge Blvd
Columbus, OH 43214

Itching and sign of possible implant rupture.

It is probably more important to assess the breast size as a sign of leakage. I am not aware of leakage causing itching and threfore I think they are unrelated.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Itching chest

Itching of the chest is not a sign of a leakage.  You  may have an allergy to something.  Do you have a rash?

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Breast Itching is NOT a sign of Implant Leaking

Itching is NOT a recognized sign of saline breast implant leaking. Diagnosing a leaking saline implant is very easy; the breast goes down as the leaked saline is absorbed by the body and excreted in the urine. With 15 year implants, i would not recommend you do anything, unless they bother you, until one of them deflates.

Dr. Aldea

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119

Leaking saline implants will deflate in 2-3 days

If your implants leak, they will deflate completely in 2-3 days. Saline implants are filled with saline and the leakage will not cause any irritation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002

Saline Implant Rupture

You would know if you had leakage of your implants as one would be getting smaller than the other.  Itching is not a symptom for leaking, there really is no sign or symptom other can the breast getting smaller.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

10861 Cherry Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720