Combining Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Implants?

Can a Brazillian butt lift and Breast implants be done at the same time? I heard doctors do this at the same time.

Combining procedures provides great aesthetic benefits!

The combination of brazilian butt lift and breast augmentation can be performed in a single setting.When these operations are performed together, safety has to be the first priority.
For this reason, we believe that the length of the procedure should never exceed four to six hours.Complications from surgery increase significantly when these number are exceeded.An experienced surgeon and surgical team that focuses on efficacy can minimize the length of the surgical procedure.We often use another surgeon as a first assistant to help with this process.
The recovery from this particular combination can be difficult and for this reason many plastic surgeons prefer staging these procedures. The origin of the problem is simple, breast augmentation patients should lie on their back following surgery, while brazilian butt lift patients should lie on their abdomens following surgery.This is obviously a difficult proposition when both procedures are performed together.
The advantages of performing breast augmentation and brazilian butt lift surgery together includes synergy and harmony, which improves the overall aesthetic result.Patients experience one recovery rather than multiple recoveries and they potentially save money when these procedures are done in combination.
For these reasons, it’s important to consider each case on an individual basis. No two patients are ever exactly alike.They have different anatomic findings, aesthetic goals and social situations.It therefore important to tailor the surgical approach to the patient’s needs.

Brazilian Butt Lift and a Breast Augmentation, are Combined Procedure Recommended?

This is a very common question in my practice. It is hard for most patients to take too much time of work and they want to make the most of their time off. They also just want to get everything done at one time.

If the patient is only having a breast augmentation with no lift I would do them at the same time. If they need a lift or other breast work beyond the standard breast augmentation they would need to do them in separate settings. I do this for several reasons:

• I limit my surgeries to about five hours as it decreases the risks of surgery
  • I do not let patients sit for two week after their Brazilian Butt lift to protect the fat that has been transferred.
  • If I need to do a breast lift or other internal breast work I don’t want patients to lay on the fresh incisions lines immediately after surgery
I hope this helps, discuss it with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

BBL and breast implants

Yes, these procedures can be combined without any problems. You could also consider fat grafting of the breast instead of an implant.

Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

Possible but makes recovery more difficult

You probably should undergo these two procedures separately primarily because of the recovery. The post-operative recovery process will most likely be much more uncomfortable for you if undergoing these two procedures at one time, since you'll need to be cautious with your breasts and buttocks. Your movement will be severely limited. For example, you most likely will be instructed to not sit or lie on your back to allow your buttocks to heal properly, but these two positions are very comfortable when you're recovering from breast augmentation. As a result, you'll probably have to stay on your side most of the time.While these two procedures can be done at the same time, I do not recommend it for the aforementioned reasons. However, speak to your surgeon to find out if it's suitable for you, since they'll have a better understanding of your health and what you'd like to achieve from surgery.

BBL combined with Breast Augmentation.

Of course they can. There is no actual rule stating the you CAN NOT sit on your buttocks after a BBL. If you are wearing the correct surgical girdle after surgery then there wouldn't be a problem with sitting. The correct surgical girdle protects the harvested fat that was injected by keeping it in place even while sitting on your buttocks. This way your BBL and your Breast Augmentation are safe during your recovery time.

Combining Butt Lift / Lower Body Lift and Breast Implants

Breast reduction and “butt lift, or lower body lift are both fairly extensive surgeries on their own. Both can be performed alone as same day, outpatient procedures but are more often performed with overnight observation. In healthy patients, it would be safe to combine the two procedures. In that case, however, the surgery definitely should be performed in a hospital setting with overnight observation.

Max Polo, MD

Combining the butt lift with breast aug is usually not advisable

I often perform the brazilian butt lift combined with a tummy tuck, but in most cases, I do not recommend combining the brazilian butt lift with a breast augmentation.

The brazilian butt lift recovery requires you to lay on your stomach. While that is ok for the tummy tuck recovery, it is not ok if you have just received breast implants. Laying on your breasts immediately following the breast augmentation can cause problems.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Simultaneous Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation

While it is possible to perform a brazilian butt lift and breast augmentation during the same procedure, I usually do not combine these procedures into the same operation.  Even though patients often ask for these procedures to be performed in the same setting, positioning during these two surgeries is quite different and could possibly compromise the outcome of the other if performed at the same time.  For example, for breast augmentation, patients must be positioned on their back and lying on the stomach immediately after breast implants are placed can place excessive pressure on the implants causing them to shift or move to an undesired position.  Similarly, to perform a Brazilian butt lift, patient must be positioned on their stomach for the fat transfer portion of the procedure.  Prolonged lying or sitting on the buttocks immediately after fat transfer may alter the the shape of the newly augmented gluteal region.  To obtain consistent, predictable results, I perform these two operations separately in a staged fashion with approximately six weeks to three months between procedures.   

Jaime Perez, MD

A Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation

A Brazilian Butt Lift (as long as it is not overly extensive) can be combined successfully with breast augmentation.  In face, this is a commonly requested variation of the mommy makeover.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS