Fat Injections in Lower Buttocks to Round out Brazilian Butt Lift Results?

I had a brazilian butt lift (fat injections to my butt) about 2 1/2 mos ago. Most of the fat was injected in the upper region of my butt cheeks. My waist and lower back were lipo'ed as well so there is improvement in projection but it slopes down in the lower third region.

Can more fat at a touch up or addtional procedure be injected directly in the middle and lower regions to get a more rounded bubble butt look without sagginess devloping? I had about 360ccs in each cheek. I am 5'9 and weighed in at 161lbs the day of my surgery.

Fat injections in lower buttocks can be done

+6

Yes. Most definitely. You can have additional fat injected into your buttocks. I have had a couple of patients who were so happy with their results that they came back a year or two later and had it done a second time to get an even larger, more dramatic enhancement.

The timing of when is best to have it repeated is a great question.
If you think you might be happy with the size of your buttocks in general if the top area wasn't so prominent, then you should probably wait at least 6 months, as this area will definitely decrease in size for about the first 3 months, then the remaining fat will likely settle down, or (I hate to use this word) "droop" within your buttocks, causing less fullness up high and more fullness slightly lower. This can take 6 months to a year. Again, I'm not saying that your buttocks is going to droop, just the fullness will likely a little lower in a year.

If you are hoping to be even larger all over, having this procedure repeated earlier would likely provide an even Greater percentage of the fat to survive due to the increased vascularity during the first few months after your first surgery. There really in no "Correct" time to have this repeated if that's what you are looking for.

Repeat fat injections buttocks

+3

You can always have more fat injected as long as you have an area to take fat. It is always a little more difficult to take fat from the same areas again. Also I would want you to wait longer after the first surgery before doing more treatments(6 months). I would talk to your surgeon and be very specific about where you want the fat injected.

William Alan Dulin, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift results can be improved through repeat grafting if desired

+2

Hi there-

As long as you have remaining areas of donor fat available, there should be no reason you cannot have more fat grafted to perfect the outcome.

I would visit with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation and review of your options.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Touch up Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

You probably still have some areas of fat to harvest.

That fat can be injected into the areas of the buttock that you desire.

Computer immaging before the procedure will make you and your surgeon undestand where exactly you want the fat.

Fat graft touch up procedures are common

+1

For any region of the body, face, breasts, buttocks- fat grafting procedures are often enhanced by additional 'touch up' injections to improve contour and volume. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Braziilan Butt lift touch-up

+1

Touch-ups to fat injections to the buttocks certainly is possible.   Of course it depends upon the availability of donor sites.  I do not see it as a problem.