Brazilian Butt Lift / Butt Implants in USA vs. Colombia

Hi, I am 21, interested in a Brazilian butt lift or implants & was debating whether to do in the US or going abroad such as Colombia. I hear many people go abroad to get it done. Is it worth it? I don't even know where to start to look for a doctor over there. Also, should I do a fat transfer or get implants based on my body frame. I am afraid that I am too wide to look hourglassey such as Kim Kardashian. What should I do? I want my hips to pop out too, is it achievable?

Buttock augmentation- where to have the procedure done

+2

Based on your photos I would recommend a fat transfer over implants, as this will allow more opportunity for reshaping your hips as well. I would not advise having surgery in another country in the event that you have a complication it will be difficult to have adequate follow up and treatment.

I will be actually be traveling to Colombia in a few months to observe their techniques with this procedure and I'm sure they have many excellent surgeons, but be careful if you plan to leave the country for any type of healthcare.

Dr.Bruno

Brazilian Butt Lift / Butt Implants in US vs. Colombia...

+1

In my opinion, I feel the Brazilian butt lift is the better procedure for you versus butt implants.  A Brazilian butt lift looks natural, and it would avoid possible positioning problems with the implants.  I would strongly suggest that you get the procedure done in the US.  If pricing is an issue, there are many different financing options that you can use to best fit your financial capability.  The primary reason to have the surgery in the US is the need for postoperative appointments and the small possibility of complications.  If you plan to stay in Colombia for an extended period of time, then there are many qualified people to see, but if you are going to return to the US right after surgery, then the procedure should be done in the US.  That way any complications, rare as they may be, can be dealt with by the same surgeon.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift and buttock implants and tourist cosmetic surgery

+1

Given your photos, I would suggest a Brazilian butt lift (fat injections to the buttocks) over buttock implants.  I believe the result would with the Brazilian butt lift would look as good as the buttock augmentation with implants,  yet it would feel softer and more natural.   Also the potential for long term complications - infections and implant displacement or hardening - would be much less with the Brazilian butt lift.  I would avoid tourism for cosmetic surgery, if you have a problem after the surgery you will want your plastic surgeon close at hand.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Have surgery in the country where you live.

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift can do many wonderful things for a patient's appearance, if it is performed in the right situation and by an experienced surgeon.  You can find many wonderful Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who perform this procedure like myself here in the US. 

Unless you already live overseas, I agree with the others that Tourist Cosmetic Surgery can be problematic.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Travel abroad for surgery

+1

In reality, there must certainly be good and bad doctors in Columbia or elsewhere, just as there are here.  However, there are some noteworthy differences. 

Malpractice insurance is required in the US and is often not required in foreign countries.  This means that if something goes wrong during your surgery, this insurance protects both you and the doctor.  Unfortunately, it is not cheap, and it adds to the expense of domestic surgery.

In the US, there are rigorous standards that are universally applicable to surgery centers with the goal of improved safety and reduced infection.  These standards do not exist or are not enforced elsewhere.

Follow up is almost as important as the surgery.  If you suffer a minor complication or expect to achieve adequate follow-up, the commute to the foreign clinic would be difficult.

The stimulus to travel abroad is usually to find a lower price.  But it is important to keep things in perspective.  This is YOUR BODY.  YOU ONLY HAVE ONE.  So if you are considering surgery, do your research.  If you have a friend with great results, this is your best resource.  A personal referral is the best.

Good luck!!

Jason R. Hess, MD

Tourist cosmetic surgery

+1

Tourist cosmetic surgery is mostly done because it might be cheaper. But you may be compromizing on afety, follow up and risk of complications and who will take care of you if a complication happen there or here?