Botox Touch Up Caused Brows to Lower, How Long Until I See Improvement?

I had a botox touch-up 8 days ago to my forehead to correct creases that formed over the outer brow whenever I raised my eyebrows.(had 20 units to forehead lines and 20 to frownlines 1.5 months prior). Doctor added 20 more units(seemed excessive) and now my eyebrows now have NO movement, my brow dropped/straightened and is very low. I'm afraid to get more botox,but I am a little desperate to fix this since we have an important trip in a week. Anything I can do?

Botox for forehead lines

+1

If too much Botox is injected into the forehead, it will cause lowering of the brow.  More Botox at this time is not the answer.  You must wait until the Botox wears off in a few months.  Stimulation of the muscles with the Endolift by LPG is another alternative to the Pan G and may help elevate your brow more quickly.  Multiple treatments are required.

Please visit a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for your treatments.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox to help eyebrows

+1

Botox cosmetic takes 3-6  months to wear off. This is why it's so important to know exactly what muscles to inject and what amounts of Botox to use in each area. Injecting a small amount of Botox into the muscles that pull the forehead down may help raise the eyebrows a little. These muscles are near the lateral eyebrows.

However, Botox takes several days to 2 weeks to work. If your trip is in a few days, the treatment will probably not work in time.

Yelena Frankel, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Need to wait

+1

You need to wait until you have some movement in the forehead/brow elevation and then go back in to have a touch up (small dose of 2 to 3 units) in order to paralyze the brow depressors more allowing the brows to go up more.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Resolve Dropped Eyebrow from Botox

+1

The bad news is that your muscle is temporarily unable to move. The good news is that it's temporary. While there are prescription eye drops that can help if it's actually the eyelid that's dropped or immobile, these drops will not help if it's actually the eyebrow that's unable to move. There is a machine called the Pan G which is like a workout for facial muscles. It's two probes that can be placed in varying locations on the face and generate a pulse that target the muscle to contract and release. If you can find a physician in your area that has this machine, it can help with dropped eyebrows and eyelids from Botox. I know very few doctors in the country that have it, but it does force the muscles to work again, and after a few short treatments (usually 3-6 treatments that are 5 min or less), your muscles are able to move again and can help lift the eyebrow back up.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Too much Botox to forehead - is there a remedy?

+1

Dosing the forehead requires meticulous technique with placement and proper dosing to avoid what you are describing.  With a forehead muscle that is too relaxed, your "compensatory mechanism" (the ability for you to lift using this muscle) has been taken away...temporarily. 

As other panel members suggested, this should improve with time as the effects gradually wear off.  Using the lateral brow technique to try and help this situation may or may not help.  Even if it does help, it will only benefit the lateral (side) areas of the brows which may accentuate the negative effects everywhere else. 

We encourage you to report this to your injector so that they may offer feedback and document your chart accordingly.  If you see value in your relationship with this practice, let them have an opportunity to take care of you. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Fixing a dropped brow

+1

At this point, if the brow is completely knocked out, it is very difficult to impossiblt to raise it. Sometimes the tail or lateral brow can be elevated a bit by injected just below the eyebrow laterally to treat the orbicularis oculi muscle.  Otherwise, you have to let it wear off.

Botox and brow drop

+1

I think you are going to have to wait until you get some movement back in your lateral forehead area.   Then you can have a tiny amount of Botox ( 1-3 units) injected in the brow depressor muscles, but you must have some movement back to lift the brows.  The good and the bad with Botox is that the effects are temporary!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox dropped Brow anything I can do?

+1

Botox dropped Brow anything I can do?  Yes, you can go back to the MD that did the Botox and see if they're willing to even things out.  You can actively try and raise the brows as well as close the eyes which will work all the muscles.  This tends to make the Botox wear off more quickly.

Brow

+1

This is a placement and dose question. I never use that much Botox for touch ups. Your lifting muscle has been completley paralyzed. Adding Botox to the depressor muscles may help but, i doubt it. You have no lifting power.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Fixing a Dropped Brow after Botox

+1

The situation you describe is tough.  With 40 total units injected over the past 6 weeks, I would not be surpised if it took 6 months or more before the brow droop corrected itself.  Your best option, unfortunately, is more Botox.  What is done is the muscle that pulls the brow down is weakened and the position of the lateral eyebrow will improve.  It will unlikely correct the entire problem, but it should be a little better.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon