I Have Just Had Botox but Now my Forehead is Shiny and Looks Greasy Why is This?

Shiny forehead after Botox

+1

The side effects of Botox injections may include:

1) Bruising
2) Swelling around the injection site
3) Temporary drooping of the eyelid (ptosis)

A shiny forehead my be a result of the lack of muscle movement in the area. If the muscles in your forehead are not contracting as they would normally, then the area will appear smoother. This smooth appearance can give the illusion of a shinier or greasier forehead. I hope this helps answer your question, and enjoy the result of your Botox treatment!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/non-surgical-procedure/botox-dysport-and-xeomin/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shiny Forehead After Botox

+1

Botox does not change the oil secretion, so what you may be mistaking for 'greasy' is actually the smoothness of the skin on the forehead.

Botox is relaxing the little lines

+1

The botox injections in the forehead are very effective in smoothing the skin.

This does change the way light reflects off, and can give a shiny impression. There is not any change in the actual secretion of oils from the skin, as far as I have been able to research.  

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shiney forehead after Botox

+1

What you are experiencing after Botox has been injected into your forhead is the relaxation of the forhead muscle and a smoothing of the  overlying skin.  I have noticed over time that people who are consistent Botox users do notice skin across the forehead being smoother, flatter and more luminous.  That can be confused with oiliness but it is not.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and forehead appearance

+1

As the muscle in your forehead is relaxed, the skin appears smoother. More oil production appearing "greasy" isn't a side effect of the treatment.

Forehead change after botox

+1

After a Botox treatment you will notice the muscles do not contract in the treated area as they did prior to treatment, so the forehead may look different in the light but Botox should not cause increase in greasiness.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Forehead looks shiny after Botox

+1

When muscles move the light diffuses on them differently casting shadows and such. When the muscles don't move, like when you have Botox, and the area appears more flat, the light reflects differently (more flatly) and the area can look shiny.