Doctor Rubbed Botox Area to Massage It In?

I recently got botox done for the second time. She injected my 11's and the muscle above my brow. It was much more painful then the first time and she massaged the area to spread the botox out. It didn't work well at all I still have faint lines and can move my one eyebrow. She reinfected it again 2 weeks later and still no results. I feel she's injecting too deep and that the massaging is hindering it as well.

To massage or not to massage after Botox...no consensus for forehead, other areas NO

+2

When attending the Carruther's (Jean and Alastair) symposium about 7 years ago, they debated whether or not to massage the forehead injection (not glabella).  The two were split, one did and the other did not.  I personally massage only the forehead injection so as to spread the Botox more evenly in this area because it is such a large and wide muscle.  I also do massage in the masseter and temples for the same reason when doing TMJ Botox.  (For those who don't know the Carruthers, they are the authority/discoverers of Cosmetic Botox.)  Massage in any other area of injection is highly NOT recommended because it can cause migration of Botox into areas not intended to be affected. 

Botox

+2

Botox is an art.  If you are not getting the results you desire, I recommend another provider with more experience.

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Doctor rubbed Botox area to massage it in?

+1

Proper technique is essential to obtain the best possible result. If you are not satisfied with your result, I would recommend seeking out another physician to perform your treatment. A board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon are all great choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/botox/

Botox and Massage

+1

We all have our favorite method for injecting Botox. I personally do not massage in that area between the eyes because I don't want it to spread. You want a very experienced Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon to  do your injections. You also want to be sure the Botox or Dysport is very fresh. It is possible the product  has been saved for several days or your injector is not as experienced as you need. Getting fresh Botox in the correct area and your treatment should work.

you may want to do a little more research for your next treating physician. Be picky on who does your treatments for you.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox injection technique

+1

Injecting Botox may be a bit like baking a cake. Experienced bakers always turn out yummy predictable cakes, while more novice bakers struggle. Experience matters with Botox injecting, too. It's impossible to give you specific advice without examining you. The best advice, though, is to find a very experienced physician who has injected thousands of foreheads, or better yet, tens of thousands of foreheads. Now that you've have this experience, you're probably armed with some good questions to discuss about the physician's technique before agreeing to the procedure. If the explanations don't make sense, go to another physician.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and massage

+1

It's hard to answer this question without first knowing how many units you were treated with and specific placement, etc. I would follow up with your provider to be better educated and understand expectations.

Massaging after Botox does not help

+1

I am not sure who is injecting you. But all is needed is a proper injection at the proper site and correct units to achieve a great result. make sure you are going to a board certified doctor with experience in injecting Botox, Dysport or Xeomin.

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/face/botox-miami-fl/

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

No Massage for Botox

+1

I prefer to inject the Botox directly into the corrugator muscles and not massage it in.  Others prefer the massage technique.  The most important thing is that you get results that are consistanty good. 

Web reference: http://drpelias.com

New Orleans General Surgeon

Botox and massage

+1

I do not recommend this type of massage over areas that are injected by Botox. The concern is that it could diffuse to areas not injected and give you undesired muscle relaxation.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Massaging botox

+1

Lightly massaging botox is performed by many skilled injectors with good results. I do not think  massage is limiting the efficacy of the medication.  Injecting botox deep also should prevent your medication from working, although it hurts more when injected this way. Your injector may be using lower doses to prevent dropping your eyebrows. Forehead lines are difficult to completely erase. Softening the lines while maintaining your eyebrow position is a more reasonable expectation.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon