Botox Side Effects from Facial Tics Treatment

I had botox injections in June (6th) for facial tics. Unfortunately I went to a quack, an optomologis, who supposedly does this for medical reasons. He gave me an injection only on ONE side of my nasial labiafold. Well a good bit of it seeped down into my mouth area paralyzing only one side of my nose and mouth. A good bit has gone back to normal but still a ways to go. How long will this take to heal completely? It's been three months on Sept. 9. HELP ME?

Botox for facial tics

If you have facial tics, Botox injections are done in a very different way then when people are getting Botox for cosmetic reasons. For facial tics, injections in the lower part of the face are often needed to control the tics. Unfortunately, there is a very fine balance in getting just the right amount of Botox to control the tic but not cause too much weakness.  There is often a trial and error period to find the right dose for you. The good news is that Botox always wears off completely. You should be back to yourself in a month or two. Hope you are better soon.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon