Is It Safe to Have Botox/fillers During IVF Treatment?

I am currently under going IVF treatment, can you advise if it is possible to have ( Juveaderm and Botox ) whilst undergoing treatment prior to the actual implant taking place? I have previously had both and I am due for a top up. I am currently injecting 0.5 ml ( Buserlin ) per day, plus 2 mg of Progynova.I am aware that it is not possible to have botox / fillers when one is actually pregnant. Any alternative suggestions if not ?

Safety of Botox and fillers during IVF

+3

Botox and fillers are not recommended during pregnancy, and we do not know what the washout period for these meds is, so it is best not to have injections of Botox or fillers during IVF, but it can certainly be a wonderful pick-me-up after you deliver and finish lactation. 

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

IVF and botox and fillers

+3

If you are struggling to get pregnant and need to go through IVF, I think that it would be best to avoid fillers and Botox. I doubt that they would have any impact, but why risk it?

Safety of Botox and Juvederm while undergoing IVF.

+3

If you are undergoing treatment preparation for IVF, it is best to avoid any undue risk to successful implantation. Botox treatment is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation. 

It is safe to assume that you are undergoing IVF treatment because you want to significantly improve your chances of becoming pregnant. Your fertility specialist has likely counseled you regarding medications and activities to avoid as you proceed through IVF to implantation. Ask specifically about Botox and Juvederm treatment if you have not discussed it already.

For now, forgo Botox and Juvederm and consult with your skin care specialist to optimize your home skin-care regimen.

Seattle General Surgeon

Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse and Botox IVF

+3

If you are trying to have a child via IVF, it is not worth having Botox treatment prior to the IVF as we don't know what is the safe period needed to avoid Botox prior ot conception. It might not cause any problems, and the filler may not cause any problem but if you are undergoing IVF, then you have tried with great difficulty to have a child. It is not worth risking anything at this time. Avoid any risks. Consider having elective cosmetic treatments after you finish nursing your new baby.

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) and pregnancy

+2

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox)  is specifically discouraged while pregnant as the effects on the fetus are unknown.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

BOTOX is not approved for patients who are pregnant

+2

BOTOX is not approved for patients who are pregnant. Generally, if you’re not pregnant then having BOTOX is not an issue. Juvederm and other fillers have not been studied in women who are pregnant. However, because there’s no systematic absorption, during IVF it’s probably not an issue. For most pregnant patients, we recommend not doing un-necessary procedures.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best advice is simple: No! No! No!

+2

Dear Tilegate

Please focus on achieving what is absolutely the most important goals for someone in the middle of being cycled up for IVF-getting pregnant.  What it the harm of getting BOTOX and Restylane now?  There may be absolutely no harm but the point is, we don't know.  It would be bad if the stress of worrying about was it ok or not ok somehow interfered with conceiving.  Could this happen?  Who knows but why take this risk?  So tape over the mirrors and focus on the IVF.  If it fails and you have a break, then consider these treatments.  If it is successful, then once you are done breast feeding, it will be safe to be treated.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Botox and fillers when under going IVF

+1

Botox is not recommended when pregnant, there is little theoretical risk before implantation- however, there is no data either way and it is better to be safe than sorry. There are little risks with the HA fillers when pregnant when injected correctly by your physician in the appropriate facial areas of volume loss.

Germantown Dermatologist