Botox in Forehead Not Working As Well As Other Areas

I had botox injections in my crows feet, frown lines and forehead 5 days ago. My first time having injections. It appears to be working great on my crows feet and frown lines. But my forehead is not responding quite as well as I hoped. Is this normal since it's a larger area that is injected?

Your doctor did you justice

+1
I would recommend waiting 2 weeks to see full effect before following up with your doctor for further treatment.  In a new patient with multiple areas being treated, it is best to be conservative in dosing as too much Botox in your forehead can drop your brows.  Botox works best by relaxing muscles that cause a line or to weaken muscles that pull down so that muscles that elevate your brow dominate.  There is a fine line between softening the lines in your forehead vs too heavy of a treatment causing heavy brows.  
A little touch up may be all you need to perfect those results you want.

Scottsdale Dermatologist

Wait to see results

+1
It can take up to 2 weeks for results to appear. If by two weeks you still aren't satisfied with your forehead results, please return to your injector. Perhaps not enough was administered. It is common for the dosage to be on the conservative side when patients are getting Botox for the first time.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Delayed forehead results after Botox

+1

Each patient is different.  Usually results start to be seen at 4 days.  Sometimes it takes 10 to 14 days before results are seen.  If after this time you don't see results, best to contact your injector.  Let them know your thoughts.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Botox Results in the Forehead

+1

The results of Botox vary greatly depending on a variety of factors. You may not have had as much product as needed to fully relax these muscles injected, you may not have had as many individual injections on the forehead to reach all the areas of the muscle fibers, or you may have strong, active forehead muscles that need more product to fully paralyze them. If you're still concerned, speak with your physician about using more product/injection sites. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Botox in the forehead

+1

If this is your first time, it can take a little longer for the product to work. Give it up to two weeks, and then if you feel you could benefit from more product, revisit your provider for additional treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for the forehead

+1

Most physicians inject conservative amounts of Botox into the forehead since too much Botox can cause the eyebrows to droop.  Wait for 10 days to see the full effect of your treatment and if you still have too much forehead movement, return to your injector for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox is great for forehead wrinkles

+1

Neuromodulators are great for the forehead.   Botox, a neuromodulator works by weakeing the muscles and creating a smoother appearance. 

It is very important to make sure that the injection was done correctly at the proper depth in relation to the muscle and the proper concentration.  If done well, this is an excellent choice for your forehead wrinkles.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Doctors don’t usually put as much in the forehead because often the result can look frozen

+1

Doctors don’t usually put as much in the forehead because often the result can look frozen. You can get more put in, if that is what meets your desired aesthetic look. But it is common for doctors to put less product in the forehead because often a desired result is to look smooth, not frozen.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox may take longer to give results in the forehead than the crows' feet

+1

Botox may take longer to give results in the forehead than the crows' feet. The muscles there are larger and very developed in some people. Over-treatment of the forehead with Botox can give an unnatural appearance and may drive the brows down. Because of this, in some people only a partial improvement can be obtained. Collagen or other fillers can be used to supplement the Botox effect. For more information, see the link below

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Botulinum (Dysport or Botox) effect on the forehead lines and wrinkles: length of time to see results

+1

This occurs for several reasons: 1) I advise patients that it may take up to two weeks to see a more pronounced result 2) Excessive injection of botulinum toxin into the forehead can lower the brows 3) it may take up to 2-3 months for estaiblished forehead wrinkles to soften after the muscles are relaxed.