How Long After Facial Botox Can I Get Dermal Fillers?

Either Way

+2

You can have Botox injected at the same time as fillers, or fillers can be injected two weeks later. I prefer the latter method. It gives me a chance to tweak the Botox injections if need be. Injecting the two roughly at the same time, helps prolong the action of the filler since the Botox will spare you from at least three months of muscular movement. It is this muscular movement that helps lead to the dissipation of the filler.

The only rule is that the filler injections be done first. The fluid of the Botox can make the lines meant for correction less apparent.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Timing of facial fillers and botulinum toxin

+2

we often inject both botulinum toxin ( botox or dysport) at the same time as facial fillers. The products worked synergistically to give you the expected outcome. They also work by different mechanisms. Botox and Dysport work on the dynamic lines ( those caused by the active muscles) while fillers can fill more static lines or replace volume in your face. If you have already had the Botox then waiting about a week will allow maximal result and make the determination of the filler and location easier

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Timing of Fillers after Botox

+2

Timing of Botox and fillers would depend on the purpose and intent of the fillers.

If the use is to erase any wrinkles remaining after Botox has acted and weakened the muscle causing the wrinkling, then all you need to do is wait 5-7 days for the maximal effect of Botox to become established and then have the doctor use the appropriate filler to fill the remaining wrinkles.

However, if you wish to correct an area not treated with Botox there is no reason why you could not have the fillers placed in the same session as the Botox.

Wrinkle fillers and Botox or Dysport, used together, make an excellent same-time combination treatment.

+1

Wrinkle fillers and Botox or Dysport, used together, make an excellent same-time combination treatment. While Botox and Dysport weaken harsh muscles of expression, fillers plump out wrinkles, and each magnifies the benefits of the other.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Wait 3 weeks if you want to judge effects of Botox first

+1

It's perfectly safe to inject Botox and fillers at the same time even in the same area.  However, if you want to wait to fully evaluate the effects of your Botox treatment first, then you should wait 3 weeks.  The full effects of Botox can take 3 weeks to appear.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and fillers

+1

I often do them at the same time. If I am placing filler near areas that I want to inject with Botox, I will inject the filler first because I like to massage the area to blend in the filler.