Botox Injections to Make Earlobes Bigger?

My ears are getting a little thinner. I was wondering if the effects of Botox will help that out?

Does it really matter?

+1

Although facial aspects/characteristics change as we age from childhood to adolescents to adulthood these changes are all usually in ratio. So although your earlobes may be thinner this may not be a bad thing as they are likely in ration to the rest of the ear and face. In addition wearing large/heavy earrings can result in elongated earlobes that will thin as they lengthen. I don't see much benefit to fillers or fat to make the lobes larger.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Botox for earlobe enhancement

+1

Please do not waste your money on this use of Botox.  Fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm would certainly help to rejuvenate your earlobes.  These fillers in earlobes last about 6 months, possibly longer.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Another MD Who Has Not Heard of This Use

+1

Add my voice to the chorus of physicians who have never heard of BOTOX benefitting ear lobes. An article recently popped up about BOTOX growing hair, but I've never seen one regarding thickening of the earlobes.

Fillers, sure, it makes sense and many of us have used fillers this way, but not BOTOX.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Botox for ears?

+1

I have never heard of Botox for the ears.  What is it supposed to do?  A filler may help fill out thin ears.  You can use hyaluronic acid.

BoTOx for ears... Now that's marketing!!

+1

Hi there,

BoTox will not make a lasting effect for filling out the ear lobes.  To "see" if you like the look, you can use the fillers recommended by others.  If you like the look, you can have a series of fat injections that may provide a longer effect.

Michael Kulick, MD

Restylane and Juvederm for earlobe enhancement

+1

A filler like Juvederm or Restylane works well for earlobe enhancement.  Botox paralyzes muscles and has no role here.  Avoid the use of any "permanent" fillers however.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Earlobes: not botox but possibly fillers

+1

Botox will not help to make your ears thicker but you can consider a filler. Popular fillers include Juvederm, Restylane, and many others. This is an off label use but one that is very safe. Another thing that can definitely give the appearance of thinner earlobes is wearing heavy earring which can stretch the earlobe. In these cases, surgery may be required to reshape the earlobe.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox, no; Fillers, yes

+1

Dear Vrdefsucks

Botox will not help.

However, filling the earlobes with Restylane is so great. The treatment lasts about a year and you will find that it helps hold and position your earrings. If your injecting physician has never done the treatment, just push them a little (it does not take much encouragement).

Botox for earlobes

+1

No. It will not help.

You can get a filler such as Juvederm or Restylane and that will help.

Make sure you do not have an allergy to nickel as that is used in costume jewelery and can cause rash, thinning or widening of earlobe piercings.

Regards

P.S.:

Here is an earlobe instruction sheet that I give to my patients.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS UNDERGOING EARLOBE REPAIR

1. Keep the earlobe clean by using cotton balls soaked in hydrogen peroxide three times a day. Then apply over the counter antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin, Polysporin, Triple antibiotic cream or Neosporin.
2. Return in one week to have the sutures removed.
3. Three weeks after surgery you can start wearing light clip on ear rings.
4. Six weeks after surgery you can get your ears pierced.
4. Wear only nickel free jewelry.
5. Do not wear any heavy ear rings,
6. Ear rings should be the last thing you put on before your leave the house and the first thing you take off when you get in the house.
7. Do not use the phone for prolonged periods of time or take the ear rings out.
8. Do not use pull over shirts or sweaters while wearing the ear rings.
9. Take off the ear rings at night.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not botox but a filler

+1

Botox paralyzed muscle so that won't work, but fillers work great for plumping the earlobes and I do it a lot.  Fillers one can use are Perlane, or Juvederm or Radiesse.  People love it.

Kari L. Colen, MD