Is Body Jet Liposuction As Effective As Smart Lipo?

I know that Smart Lipo can tighten the skin; but does Body Jet Liposuction have the same benefits?

Body Jet is a Gimmick with no proven benefit over tried and true techniques

Hi there-

The Body Jet (like Smart lipo before it) is a gimmicky new device being used by unscrupulous eye doctors, gynecologists, and others to attract patients and draw media attention.

They are largely successful in doing so because many people, and almost all of the media seem more interested in "New" than in "Safe" or "Better".

These unscrupulous non-plastic surgeons hope to distract otherwise smart people like yourself from the fact that they did not complete residency training in plastic surgery by making you think that the machine is more important than who is using it on you.

Beware snake oil salesmen. There are now many of them offering liposuction.

I do not know a SINGLE plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who believes in, or uses this device. That should say a lot.

When liposuction was first described and then refined, there was a reason that saline solution was used to wet the tissues before suctioning the fat. The body is mostly saline solution, and this is more physiologic than using water. Using water is actually a knuckle-headed step back in the refinement of this procedure!

Indeed, with administration of larger volumes of water under the skin, I would be concerned that electrolyte disturbances may arise, and that sooner or later we are reading about someone dying as a result.

Please find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, and visit for a consultation. The machine he or she chooses to use on you will be infinitely less important in your safety, outcome, and recovery than their education, training, and years of experience in liposuction surgery.