Is Body Jet Liposuction As Effective As Smart Lipo?

I know that Smart Lipo can tighten the skin; but does Body Jet Liposuction have the same benefits?

Combine Body jet and smartlipo

+3

You cannot compare Bodyjet and Smartlipo, becuase there advantages are very different........but I think it is ideal to combine them.

Body Jet has got a number of advantages: it allows some very precise sculpting of treated areas because no such massive injection of fluids like in tumescent liposuction is necessary.

In my practice, this has significantly improved our outcomes, and it has dramatically decreased revision rates.

The even more important advantage that the jet harvest technique does not damage the fat cells, and the fat harvested in this way is ideal for fat transfer, especially for natural fat transfer breast augmentation and buttock sculpting (Brazilian butt lift).

Body Jet does really not do anything to the skin, so in certain areas like inner arms and inner thighs, skin sagginess may be a problem.

Smartlipo , in contrast, effects a very good skin retraction, and prevents flobby skin after fat removal.

However,Smartlipo is fairly slow and not so good for large quantities of fat. It also kills the removed fat,which renders the removed fat unsuitable for any use elsewhere.

In the vast majority of cases I find that the combination of both techniques is a somewhat perfect match. First, I remove the larger quantity of deep fat with Body Jet, and many of my patients opt to have at least some of this fat as a natural filler, in breast,face or buttocks.

When the bulk of undesired fat has been removed, I enter with the Smartlipo cannula, to treat superficial fat and tighten the skin.

The results are very good , and I think the combination is ideal.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Bodyjet and Smartlipo effective in different ways

+2

I am a board certified Plastic Surgeon and I use both Bodyjet and Smartlipo.  Both are useful tools but for different purposes.  I find Smartlipo better for more precise scuplting of small areas of excess and for tightening skin, especially in delicate areas like the neck.  Alternatively, I like bodyjet for removal of larger fatty deposits and for collecting fat for transfer, such as into the buttocks.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Body Jet is a Gimmick with no proven benefit over tried and true techniques

+2

Hi there-

The Body Jet (like Smart lipo before it) is a gimmicky new device being used by unscrupulous eye doctors, gynecologists, and others to attract patients and draw media attention.

They are largely successful in doing so because many people, and almost all of the media seem more interested in "New" than in "Safe" or "Better".

These unscrupulous non-plastic surgeons hope to distract otherwise smart people like yourself from the fact that they did not complete residency training in plastic surgery by making you think that the machine is more important than who is using it on you.

Beware snake oil salesmen. There are now many of them offering liposuction.

I do not know a SINGLE plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who believes in, or uses this device. That should say a lot.

When liposuction was first described and then refined, there was a reason that saline solution was used to wet the tissues before suctioning the fat. The body is mostly saline solution, and this is more physiologic than using water. Using water is actually a knuckle-headed step back in the refinement of this procedure!

Indeed, with administration of larger volumes of water under the skin, I would be concerned that electrolyte disturbances may arise, and that sooner or later we are reading about someone dying as a result.

Please find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, and visit for a consultation. The machine he or she chooses to use on you will be infinitely less important in your safety, outcome, and recovery than their education, training, and years of experience in liposuction surgery.

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2010/01/liposuction-devices-and-techniques-is.html#f562

Body Jet vs SmartLipo

+2

The one theoretical advantage of SmartLipo (or even Pro Lipo, Cool Lip, Slim Lipo - all laser assisted liposculpture devices) is that the heat generate on the undersurface of the skin will cause collagen regeneration and repair and thus add some skin tightening. More importantly you should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who performs all techniques of liposculpture - traditional, tumescent, laser assisted, ultrasonic. After a thorough examination and discussion with you about your goals and expectations he/she should let you know which technique would best accomplish your goals.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo ve body jet

+2

Smartlipo may tighten the skin. I am not overly convinced that it is any better than more traditional forms of liposuction. Body jet uses a misting jet of water as it is infused and performs liposuction. It may help get rid of loose tissue, but there is no scientific evidence yet that I know of to support the theories.

+1

We use both Smart Lipo and  Body Jet in our practice.  Both methods are very effective in removing fat.  We call our procedure Aqualipo.  We combine both technologies on many of our cases.  The Smart Lipo has the advantage of stimulating collagen cell cells to reproduce and thus tighten the skin.  The body Jet then washes out the disrupted fat cells and excess tumescent fluid.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.