Have a Bulging Vein on the Side of my Head Close to my Scalp..

It look like a varicose vein & make-up is useless to conceal it...Is there anything, possibly a particular injection or something used to make it less noticeable?

Vein Treatment

+1

A minor surgery can reduce the size of the vein or entirely remove it from a visible perspective. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Bulging veins on the side of the head

+1

You have a few options when it comes to treating and improving the appearance of large veins on the face.  We treat the majority of patients that want the vessel itself improved with Nd:YAG laser.  The results are fantastic and are apparent quickly, sometimes immediately following treatment.  The other option for such vessels, especially in the temple area where we start to lose fat, is injections with fillers or Sculptra.  We treat patients primarily with either Radiesse or Sculptra in this area, both with great results that not only disguise vessels but can provide a more youthful appearance to the face by filling out temple area that can start to look very skeletal with time, age and fat loss.

Grant Stevens, MD

Bulging vein on side of head is best treated with sclerotherapy.

+1

These visible veins are treated in exactly the same way as spider varicosities of the legs. Lasers sound technologically advanced and "better," but Sclerotherapy works better because the size of these vessels would require enough laser energy to cause overlying skin burns and scarring. Laser treatment for these large visible vessels is NOT recommended. Tiny facial vessels (telangiectasias) ARE appropriate for laser or IPL treatment. The larger vessels you describe respond very nicely to skilled Sclerotherapy, but there is a natural hesitation by doctors who have little experience in injecting these vessels, even if they are expert leg vein sclerotherapists.

I have injected facial vessels for years without complication other than the occasional bruise, or the need for second injection if the first did not cause enough intravascular irritation to cause the vessel to seal shut.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Spider veins

+1

it sounds you are describing Spider veins.

Spider veins are best treated with injections, Sclerotherapy.

Lasers can also work, Both will require multiple sessions .

E