How Long Before Blister from Photofacial Heals?

Just how long should this area take to heal? It's really large and red. Will it scar?

A blister after IPL PhotoFacial should be shown to your doctor.

You're not likely going to get a scar, but the Texas sun can leave you with a brown spot. The right thing to do is to visit your doctor for evaluation and management.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

A couple of weeks

If blisters occur, apply an antibiotic ointment and wash gently twice a day. Do not pick or remove scabs or crusting and expose to sunlight. This will gradually subside on its own. This can take a couple of weeks.

Blister healing after photofacial

A blister typically heals over about 2 weeks. Rarely would this leave a permanent scar, but you can have residual hyperpigmentation that can last for weeks to months. It is critical to avoid sun, and to have a dermatologist treat the blister and any pigmentation related to it so as to expedite its resolution. Its always better to avoid a blister by making sure you're getting treatment at a highly qualified professional's office such as a dermatologist. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Photofacial

It is difficult to assess whether you will scar or not.  I recommend that you see your doctor for further evaluation.  It is best to keep it protected from the sun as much as possible.  

Sam Naficy, MD