Which Between Blepharoplasty and Lasik Should Come First?

I know that you cannot have both Eyelid Surgery and Lasik at the same time. But which is better to do first? And how far apart should the procedures be?

LASIK before Blepaharoplasty

+1

Both procedures can adversely effect dry eyes.  I would recomend doing LASIK first and waiting at least 6 months before considering the blepharoplasty (once tear productiuon has improved sufficiently).

West Orange Ophthalmologist

Doesn't matter if Lasix or blepharoplasty is done first

+1

It does not matter which procedure comes first other than both operations should be separated in time by approximately three months to make sure that full healing has occurred and the lymphatic edema and swelling has subsided.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

LASIK before Blepharoplasty

+1

If a blepharoplasty has been performed years ago, then the eyes can be evaluated for LASIK in relation to dry eye risks and in most cases the LASIK can be performed. When the procedures are to be done in close time proximity, I would recommend doing the LASIK first, wait until there is healing without dry eye for about 3 months, and then do the blepharoplasty.

Immediately post blepharoplasty is the time that eyes can be dry, and there can be a problem with the lids not completely closing and this would not be an ideal time to perform LASIK. The LASIK flaps also need to be well healed so there is no chance of damage during manipulation of the blepharoplasty procedure.

Denver Ophthalmologist

Would have lasik first

+1

I would recommend you have Lasik first, and wait until your eyes are completely healed, i.e. no dry eyes, tearing,photophobia, night blindness, etc. prior to having your upper lid blepharoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.hankinsplasticsurgery.com

You can have either one first

+1

If you are considering both Lasik vision correction and cosmetic eyelid surgery, you can do them in either order. If you have the Lasik first, wait about a week for the eyelid surgery. If you have the eyelid surgery first, wait about 3-4 weeks for the Lasik.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Do your Blepharoplasty before Lasik

+1

Visual acuity can change slightly after a blepharoplasty, especially when performed on the upper lids. For this reason, I would recommend having your blepharoplasty before your lasik procedure if possible. The lids should be given ample time to heal, and the swelling should be resloved before undertaking lasik. Different people heal at different rates, but in general, this takes several months.