Surgery for Small Eyes?

I have small eyes, which I inherited from my father. Is there any procedure that can make my eyes become larger? It seems my eyelids are thicker than normal. If there is, please let me know.

Improvement to upper lid crease could help

+1

There is nothing that can make the eyelids and eyeballs look any bigger than you were born with. It is important to make sure you do not have ptosis. This can be corrected through an eyelid tightening procedure if that is the case. The thickness of the eyelids cannot be thinned down either, other than to improve the natural upper lid eye crease if needed.

Eyes that appear small may benefit from a more open look

+1

In determining whether plastic surgery will be beneficial there are several considerations. What will the changes be and will the changes be more aesthetically pleasing than the non operated appearnce. Small eyes may not be unattractive but if they are small because the eye opening is limited, this may benefit from a surgical intervention where the eyes are "opened up' by removing redundant skin. Schedule a consultation for more options for your appearance.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Opening your eyes

+1

Fortunately, there is a remedy to your eyelid concerns. Sometimes mild modifications in your eyelid appearance will make large perceptions of improvement. There are many different techniques in eyelid surgery so you'll have to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon by the american board of plastic surgery for further details on your particular case.

If you have small eyes that were inherited because you are asian, there are very specific techniques for that. If your problem is not from a racial inherited trait then other procedures can improve your look to your satisfaction. Every patient's anatomy is different so each person will need a slighly different variant of the right operation but, again, the answer is to be found in the hands and eyes of your plastic surgeon of preference.

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Small eyes?

+1

This is a hard question that is difficult to answer without examining you. Do you mean narrow, or heavy lids, or even small orbital volume?  A photo is worth a thousand words. 

No problem

+1

I don't know what you mean by small eyes, but I am certain that improvement with surgery will be beneficial. Seek the consultation of a Board Certified surgeon.

Jack A. Friedland, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Small eyes?

+1

I agree with Dr. Katz. You need to find an experienced surgeon for a consultation and examination to determine what aspects of your eye and eyelid structure should be considered for alteration. We would consider the easy to correct solutions before the complex solutions, but would not be able to provide relevant recommendations without a proper examination. Structures to be considered for alteration may involve the eyelid skin, muscle, fat, or possibly the bone structure around the orbit. The brow position also plays a role in the shape of your eyelid openings.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Personal consultation is needed to accurately assess your issues

+1

Dear Ratheesh

There are a number of causes that make the eyes looks small. Without a photograph or a personal consultation it is impossible to know what your issues are.

Please recognize that there are not standard surgeries for small eyes. A flexible approach is needed to assess the actual situation and adapt existing surgical approaches to the individual circumstance.

Generally, the size of the eye is judged by how much white of the eye or sclera is visible. Conditions that affect this are upper eyelid ptosis, and deep set eyes. Each has its own surgical approach.

I would encourage you to append your photos or alternatively seek a consultation with an ophthalmologist who is also fellowship trained in oculoplastic surgery to assess your particular situation.

Small eyes?

+1

I am not sure what you are describing but if you sent a photo it may be easier to asnwer your question. There are also makeup techniques that can enhace the visual appearance of the eyes as looking larger. Once the photos are reviewed then maybe a more definitive answer froma surgical viewpoint can be obtained. Certainly, "heavy" eyelids, where the skin is redundant or hanging on the upper lid can be treated.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon