How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost?

How much does a blepharoplasty cost?  Are the prices different for blepharoplasty on the upper eyelids vs. the lower eyelids?

How much does eyelid surgery cost?

+10
Please do not select your surgeon based on the lowest price  You have one set of eyes. Eyelid surgery requires experience, expertise, patience and attention to detail.  It is important to find a plastic surgeon who shares your aesthetic sensibilities. I have attached a link to my eyelid rejuvenation before and after gallery.  Many of my brow-upper lid junction structural fat grafting patients have come to my practice for the correction of hollowness created by the over-zealous removal of fat during an upper blepharoplasty surgery. I am continually amazed at how many cosmetic surgeons practice 1970's-era blepharoplasty surgery in the 21st century.  I almost never remove upper lid fat during blepharoplasty surgery, and in many cases I actually add fat at the brow-upper lid junction. Fortunately, essentially all cases of post-blepharoplasty hollowness can be improved dramatically by structural fat grafting. It is a more challenging procedure, as scar tissue must be overcome to create space for the grafted fat, and in many cases it takes more than one fat grafting procedure to restore adequate fullness in these patients.
Lower lid hollowness following an overly aggressive lower blepharoplasty can likewise be improved. One must exercise care and caution, as lower lid skin and the underlying soft tissues are usually quite thin, and thus the lower lids are less able to conceal grafted fat. Fat grafting must be preformed conservatively here, with a plan for secondary and occasionally tertiary fat grafting procedures depending on the 'take' of the initial fat grafting surgery.
Many patients referred to me for treatment of these frustrating and difficult post-blepharoplasty problems have reported more than just a cosmetic improvement. Excessive removal of skin and fat during upper and lower blepharoplasty can impair normal lid function and cause or aggravate dry eye syndrome. In some cases the fat grafting procedure will restore suppleness and flexibility to peri-orbital soft tissues, make eyelid closing easier, and improve the truly irritating and aggravating symptoms of dry eye syndrome.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

In our practice we charge 1,800 for upper or lower eyelids

+9

Blepharoplasty is an extremely meticulous procedure.  Each individual has a unique structural and anatomical attribute.  The goal is to make the eyes look youthful without any sign of surgery.

A significant effort is placed on evaluation and marking prior to surgery. 

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)

+6

The cost of eyelid surgery varies significantly between practitioners and in different anesthetic settings.  Upper eyelid surgery may also need to be accompanied by browlift surgery for maximal longevity of results.  Most isolated upper eyelid surgery can be treated under local anesthesia, with costs ranging $2000-3000 in our practice.  The addition of a browlift would typically require sedation or general anesthesia, with the total costs for both procedures ranging around $5000-6000.  Lower eyelid surgery can also be performed under local anesthesia and is also $2000-3000, but for more involved lower eyelid work, sedation or general anesthesia is necessary, which typically adds $1000-2000 to a procedure depending on length of procedure.  A thorough examination is necessary to provide an accurate price estimate because every patient is significantly different.  Have a nice day!

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of eyelid surgery in Los Angeles & Bevely Hills

+4

the cost of upper eyelid surgery in los angeles and beverly hills varies significantly depending on who you see. Most Beverly Hills plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons charge about $2500 for upper blepharoplasty and $3500 for lower blepharoplasty. The cost of upper and lower eyelid surgery in Los Angeles can vary depending on additional procedures that are being performed at the same time.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty/Eyelid Surgery Cost and determining factors

+3

Eyelid Surgery, and by this I mean Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) prices vary greatly because the procedure itself encompasses a range of techniques that can be performed.RealSelf estimates the price to be around $4300 as of today. The cost in Southern California should range from $3000-$6000 depending on if it is just the upper lids or upper and lower blepharoplasty (quad blepharoplasty). The lower lids unless a "skin pinch" procedure usually takes a bit longer.. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons   that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or board certified Oculoplastic surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and some fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeons.

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - Skin only removal or also the fat pads. Will a procedure need to be done to correct muscle weakness (ptosis repair) and do the fat pads need to be lessened or re-positioned (fat preservation blepharoplasty).

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

What is the cost of a blepharoplasty?

+3

The cost of a blepharoplasty is variable. Some of the factors that determine the cost include the amount and complexity of the work that needs to be done, the experience level of the surgeon, and the region of the country that you live in.

I charge $2500 for an upper blepharoplasty, $3000 for a lower blepharoplasty, and $4250 for upper and lower blepharoplasty. If a blepharoplasty is combined with additional procedures such as a facelift or brow lift the cost of the blepharoplasty may be less. I hope this helps.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Cost for eyelid surgery

+3

Costs vary widely in different geographic regions, between different specialities, and between individual physicians.  A patient's individual anatomy also factor into the equation.  Anyone contemplating eyelid surgery really should see an oculo-facial surgeon as these specialists have the greatest expertise with this procedure.  In my area of Florida, expect to pay $2000-$6500 for eyelid surgery and an additional $2000-$3000 if a browlift is added, inclusive of all costs.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

$2,500 - Upper Eyelids only, $3,000 - Lower Eyelids only, $4,200 - Upper and Lower Eyelids

+3

At my office, our all inclusive price for blepharoplasty on the lower eyelids is $3,000. We charge $2,500 for the upper lids and $4,200 for the upper and lower eyelids if both the upper and lower eyelids are done at the same time. These prices include the anesthesia and operating room fee, as well as post-op appointments.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Blepharoplasty cost in Atlanta

+3

At our facility we are having a special on the Blepharoplasty thru March 2012.  Upper Blepharoplasty Reg. $3,500.00. Special pricing $1,975.00. Lower Blepharoplasty Reg. $3500.00. Special pricing $2,600.00.

If you do both procedures at the same time the cost Reg. $7,000.00/Special pricing $5,200.00. Only additional cost are prescriptions and lab work if needed.

Make sure to ask these questions when choosing your surgeon for these procedures:

• Is the Physician Board Certified in Plastic Surgery?
  • Is the Facility a State licensed Facility?
  • Are there MD Anesthesiologists on Board?

Safety first.

$3,000 for either or $4,700 for both

+3
Eyelid surgery is a very intricate procedure. Some patients only need  and upper blepharoplasty, while some patients only need a lower blepharoplasty. Some patients perform both at the same time under one anesthetic and recovery.Upper or lower blepharoplasty usually costs approximately $3,000. This includes the operating room, the anesthesia cost, and the surgeon’s fee. Upper and lower blepharoplasty costs $4700 and again includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s professional fee for performing the surgery. For many examples of upper and lower blepharoplasty, please see the link below