Are Dermal Fillers a Good Alternative For Filling Black Triangles?

I consulted several periodontists about my black triangle issue. They agreed that bone/gum graft won't work in my case because of the bone loss. Recently I've read about using dermal fillers as new solution to close the black triangle when it's injected directly into gum tissue. What dentist could do this in NJ area?

What procedures work for black triangles between teeth?

+1

Usually this is seen as cosmetically unattractive and because of your bone loss, I think dermal fillers would  work well to plump up that area.  It is far less expensive than looking at ortho work or invisalign to move the teeth closer together. In New Jersey, Dr. Jerry Strauss DDS is licensed to do both Botox and Dermal fillers. Look up Aesthetic Dental Care of New Jersey or just look up dentists in New Jersey who have taken the necessary training with American Academy of Facial Aesthetics to become certified to do it in their practice.

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Dermal Fillers Can Make Some Improvement

+1

Black triangles are a problem with the level of bone between your teeth and adding dermal fillers won't address the underlying problem; however, they can provide some improvement and fill the spaces a bit so less food gets caught and you won't be whistling through the spaces.

Using hyaluronic acid to plump your interdental papillae is a useful tool, and you'll really need to talk to your dentist, orthodontist, or some dental professional who has some experience with this procedure so you know if you are a good candidate. I'd look for a dental professional who does Botox and Fillers as a good starting point. 

The result you get should last about a year.

Here are some issues that you'll encounter:

• The gum tissue between teeth is adherent to the bone, so you can only plump them a little before the papillae will no longer accept more filler.

• You won't get the "sharp" papilla between teeth that you normally see with healthy tissue.

• You won't be able to floss there for at least 24 hours and fill need to brush lightly for 2 days as your body combines with the hyaluronic acid.
Allentown Orthodontist

Black triangles between teeth are tricky to manage

+1

Black triangles are an unfortunate side effect of bone loss between the front teeth.  Healthy gums have a small   spike of bone between the teeth which supports the tissue like a tent pole.  Dermal fillers are designed to "plump up", wrinkle lines or make the upper lip fuller. As you may know, dermal fillers dissolve with time.  A better result might be achieved with Invisalign to move the teeth closer to each other. I have had great success using this treatment on many black triangle cases.  Best of luck.

Pasadena Cosmetic Dentist