Biracial Photofacial? (Photo)

I am a 37 year old biracial woman. I have some sun damage and mild acne scarring and would like to have a photofacial. Would I be a good candidate?

Biracial Photofacial- NOT Recommended

+1
The ideal candidates for photofacials are individuals who fall within types 1-3 on the Fitzpatrick scale. Based on the photo above, you would be at risk for burns and potential hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation.  Chemical peels are a great alternative to photofacials for Fitzpatrick skin types 4-6. In addition, non-ablative fractional laser resurfacing treatments will address the mild acne scarring. In both cases, a series of treatments will yield optimal results. You'll want to discuss a home skincare plan with your practitioner which will help to prep your skin for both types of treatments, in addition to, maintaining the results. 

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Photofacial not recommended for biracial skin type

+1
Photofacials are ideal for pigment and broken capillaries on the face for skin types 1-3. Darker skin types of 4-6 are not good candidates for photofacials. There is a high of a risk of burning the skin with a skin type 4.  This treatment should never be performed on skin types 5 and 6. Your best bet for pigment is probably some chemical peels that are tailored more for pigmentation. With the scarring you could probably benefit from some non-ablative laser resurfacing treatments. Without evaluating your skin face to face it is hard to determine and exact treatment plan.

W. John Bull, MD

Biracial Photofacial?

+1
Maybe but I might try doctor directed derma rolling with PRP infusion at 1 mm depth to see your response.///