Best Way to Fix Bottomed out Breast Implant?

I got breast implants on February 26th, so almost 8 weeks. I had concerns about my left breast (when looking at me) from about 4 weeks post op. Today, I went to my PS and the Nurse stated that it looked like it had bottomed out. I am a thin patient )105lbs, 5ft2in. 34A pre-op and did 330cc implant filled to 380cc. My breasts before were very symmetrical though! Dr. said that we will wait at least 6 mths before we decide on anything. He would never say to me bottoming out though. What is best way 2 fix it?

+3

Best Way to Fix Bottomed out Breast Implant? Wat at 6-9 months and then perform a caspuslorrhaphy. Slight overcorrectionis necessary and support in the post-operative period.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Fixing bottomed out breasts

+3

It does look as though your breast has bottomed out. It is necessary to heal for 4-6 months so that the tissues are healed and can handle the stitching needed to close off the extra pocket and move the implant back up.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Breast Asymmetry

+2

It is early and I agree with your surgeon about waiting as things may change over the next few months. Your right breast appears a little bigger and the breast fold is lower. Preop photos could tell me if some of this was present before surgery. If needed the fold on the right side can be raised but it is not an easy surgery to perform well and get to last without recurring.

Fixing bottoming out usually equals capsullorhaphy

+2

“bottoming out”  is the term used to describe the condition which occurs when the breast tends to look as if it has descended on the chest wall after previous surgery,  whether the surgery involved implants, a lift, or a reduction.  In the case of “bottomed out” implants,  sutures can often be placed in the lower pole of the breast to re-elevate the breast on the chest wall.  This is called a capsullorraphy and can achieve excellent tresults in the correction of “bottomed-out implants.

Bottoming out?

+2

You may indeed have some bottoming out on the right breast( in the photo) but it also could be due to some natural asymmetry.  Give it a few more months.

The bottom is not "out".

+2

In my opinion the bottoming out is when a significant portion of the implant sits in the lower portion of the breast creating an unaesthetic breast.  Looking at your picture it appears to me that the pockets may have slightly different dimensions producing two different breast shapes.  Both are acceptable individually.  You may need to decide which breast shape you prefer and match the other to that shape.  I would heed the advice of your surgeon to wait. Continue follow up with your surgeon.   There may be some more changes in shape.  

Dr. ES

Revision breast augmentation in Manhattan.

+2

Hi.

1) "Bottoming out" is a very specific deformity, and you don't have it. You do have significant asymmetry, though.

2) Your right breast looks larger, the right nipple is higher. and the fold under your right breast is lower. I would wait a few months, to make sure things are not changing, and then a revision breast augmentation should make you better.

3) Each revision is individual. Your surgeon needs to make a specific plan for your anatomy.

NEW OPTION FOR IMPLANT MALPOSITION

+1
Thank you for your question. From your picture, this is not technically bottoming out, but you have asymmetry in the positions of your two implants. In particularly the distance from the lower crease of the breast to the nipple differs between sides. This can be due to a stretch deformity of the implant pocket, or drop of the lower breast crease. Capsulorrhaphy, mentioned earlier, is definitely an excellent, option and should be tried first. There are other options, though, if the capsule is not sturdy enough or the problem recurs. One product that has been used for several years is called Strattice and provides scaffold material (derived from acellualrized pig skin) that can be used to help support the implant in a higher position. A newer product, called Seri-Scaffold may be a more palatable option for patients who do not like the thought of pig skin, This product is like a textile, is derived from silk, and can also be used to hold the implant in place. This product is currently being used, in several centers across the USA, to aid in breast revision surgery for stretch deformity or bottoming out.
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Wait 6 months to fix bottomed out breast implant

+1

Thank you for your question. It appears from your photographs that the nurse made the correct diagnosis of a bottomed out right breast implant. Correction will involve removing the implant and tightening the pocket and reestablishing the inframammary crease or fold beneath your breast and replacing the implant. Your surgeon is correct that you should wait 6 months after surgery to allow the tissues inside to heal so that they may better hold the repair.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Bottoming out of breast implant

+1

I don't think that what you are experiencing would truly qualify as bottoming out.  It appears to me that the pocket on the right side extends a little more medially and inferiorly than the left.  The right breast also appears to be larger but I would need to see lateral photos to be able to tell for sure.  I would not do anything at this point.  If the situation persists after 6 months or so and if it bothers you enough, a corrective surgery could be performed which would entail closing up the pocket in that area.  Be patient and stay in contact with your surgeon.