Best Filler for Eye Wrinkles

I have wrinkles around the eyes and would like to try some filler. Is Juvederm the best one?

Juvederm , Elevess and Cosmoderm are all very good for superficial or medium creases.

+2

Dear Rosane,

If you have superficial or medium depth creases then Juvederm, Elevess or Cosmoderm are good choices. If the lines are dynamic creases which means that they show up mainly only when you smile then Botox is a good choice. There are no allergies to any of these materials and can be injected at your initial consultation very easily. Juvederm and Elevess are similar to Restylane but last alittle longer. (approx 6-9 months) Cosmoderm lasts approx 3-4 months which lasts about the same as Botox. Bruising and alittle swelling or redness is normal and goes away in a day or two. Some patients need both a filler and botox together which can be done on the same day.

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers may not be the answer

+2

Greetings Rosane,

Wrinkles around the eye can be a difficult problem. Place your finger on the bone around your eye. If the wrinkles are on the skin between the bone and your eye, fillers should not be used in that area. For wrinkles along the outside of the eye (near the temple - often called the crows feet area), often Botox is the best solution. For other wrinkles or depressions around the eye, several products have been used off label. I would agree that the injector is more important than the injectible. The area around the eye is a difficult area to get a good result and requires a different injection technique than other areas.

Hope this helps.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Prefer Restylane for the Lower Eyelids

+2

While I use Juvederm to add volume to many areas of the face, I think that Restylane works the best for the lower eyelid tear troughs or wrinkles. The reason is that, at least in my experience, it tends to produce a little less swelling, which is really important in the lower eyelids.

This procedure takes a fair amount of experience to perform, so pick your surgeon carefully for this type of work. Make sure they have the proper qualifications and even ask to see some Before and After photos as most of us have these readily available for patients to review.

The injector is most important for filler around the eye, but don't use Juvederm

+2

When you get filler around the eyes, you mainly help the sunken areas around the eye and tear trough area. The fine lines are only slighly corrected. Restylane seems to stay in place better than Juvederm and Juvederm can lead to prolonged edema around the eye. More important than the filler is the injector and placement. This is probably the most difficult area to inject well. The injection needs to be deep to the muscle and sometimes, just superficial to the bone. If the filler is placed too superficial, bumps and blue tint to the skin (Tindel effect) are seen. These injections are more prone to bruising than other areas. Also, conservative amounts is better than overfilling the area. Surprisingly, the injections are relatively painless. Most people will get about a year duration with Restylane.

Steve Weiner, MD

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Destin, Florida.

UPDATE:  I ONLY USE BLUNT CANNULAS AROUND THE EYES NOT.  LESS BRUISING, LESS PAIN, LESS SWELLING, AND SAFER.

Web reference: http://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/blunt-tipped-micro-cannulas-are-the-bomb-for-dermal-fillers-dr-steve-weiner/

Filler's and wrinkles around the eyes

+1
A combination of filler and neurotoxin such as Botox will give you the best result.  Belotera Balance and Restylane are the 2 fillers that I use most around the eye. 
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Depends on the type of wrinkles

+1

It really depends on which wrinkles you are referring to - if it is the crow's feet area (just to the sides of the eyes, which become more apparent when you squint), then Botox is the best way to soften these, althought it is unlikely that you will get rid of them completely. Now if you have many fine lines and wrinkles at rest (from sun exposure, smoking, etc), some type of resurfacing (fractional CO2 or Chemical peel) would probably be the way to go. A filler would not be the recommended for either types of these wrinkles around the eye.

Botox is still the best treatment

+1

Botox is still the best treatment for these lines, unless they are below the eye. Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acids and may cause a visible lump in the very thin skin of the lower eyelid but can work well in the Crow’s feet lines at the sides of the eyelids. Sometimes the little lumps can look blue in color. Human collagen, Cosmoderm, is still used for this area. Resurfacing with lasers and Portrait plasma devices can give great results in this region.