Best Cream to Lighten Brown Spots on Hands?

I have lots of brown spots on my hands. Laser treatment did not take them away. What is the best cream I can buy to help? Thanks.

Hydroquinone 4% Cream + tretinoin or Retin A , both prescriptions

+2

The brown spots are llikely to be lentigos which are from the sun. The first step is prevention which is by using a UVAUVB suncreen of at least spf #30 when you are outdoors. In my opinion, over the counter fade creams are not very effective. I recommend that you see a dermatologist to be certain of the diagnosis. The doctor may prescribe a fade cream with hydroquinone 4% to be used with tretinoin or generic Retin A. The Retin A will enhance the fade cream benefit.

Torrance Dermatologist

Best Cream for Brown Spots on Hands

+1

Triluma is a prescription cream. It is a combination of a bleaching agent, a mild steroid and retin A. It should certainly help.

However, if this fails you can get a chemical peel or IPL (Intense Pulse Light) by a medical professional.

It is important to remember that you can get the spots back once exposed to sun. Sun protection using sunscreen twice a day every day is essential. It might seem silly but wearing gloves at all times is one of the best ways to prevent the daily sun exposure.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon