Any Benefit to Icing 5 Weeks Post Revision Rhinoplasty?

I am 5 weeks post op and am still icing twice a day for 30 minutes on sides of nose and tip. i wasnt able to ice as much as i wanted to the first week as the splint got in my way.Is there any point or potential benefit, however small, in continuing to ice at the 4 1/2 week mark ? Or am i wasting my time

Icing nose 5 weeks after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Icing your nose this far out from surgery probably won't be much help. There are other ways to help decrease your swelling though. Check out my link below for more details.

Rhinoplasty Recover- Icing the nose

+1

Icing the nose is very beneficial to help reduce bruising and swelling when performed in the first 48 hours after your surgery. Beyond that there is little therapeutic benefit in doing so. Some of our patients feels it soothes them and if so there is no harm in doing so as long as you are not overdoing it. It is unlikely that icing will do much for you over one month after surgery.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ice for post operative swelling

+1

Ice will not help after 2 to 3 days.

Elevation can help. Massage ,ultrasound, magnetic resonance, infra-red, cortisone injections, and heat have been used for swelling with variable success.

Talk to your doctor.

C. Dennis Bucko, MD

Icing 5 Weks Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I tell my patient to ice for24-48 hours after rhinoplasty. I'm sorry you feel guilty because you did not ice as much as possible immediately after your surgery. Resolution of the temporary post-op swelling may take a little longer,but this this will not impact your final result. At this point icing will not help unless you find it soothing and comforting.